• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do Max lubes work well on Moyu cubes or only on GAN cubes? I'm wondering because on the cubicle's website they only sell GAN cubes with the Max setup. I would want a lube that would smooth out the rough turning of a Moyu cube.
I used MAX lubes on a couple Qiyi cubes, and it worked great, but I'm not sure about Moyu.

chocool6

I used MAX lubes on my WR M and my RS3M 2020 and it works just fine, as I expected.
What feel does it bring to those cubes?

Also Mystic and DNM (both big bottles), Max Fleet and Max Command with a small bottle of Mystic, or Max Fleet and Max Command with a small bottle of DNM?

Currently I have GAN Magic Lube which I've heard is similar to Silk.

Last edited:

Sub1Hour

Also Mystic and DNM (both big bottles), Max Fleet and Max Command with a small bottle of Mystic, or Max Fleet and Max Command with a small bottle of DNM?

Currently I have GAN Magic Lube which I've heard is similar to Silk.
Mystic and DNM but that's just my preference because they are both my favorite lubes

Z

Zubin Park

The MAX lubes basically give a fast, smooth feel without any gumminess at all. The one difference is the butteriness that is usually implemented in cubes with these lubes. The RS3M 2020 has an already clacky feel and the MAX lubes don't help as much as it does in GAN or other cubes in terms of the buttery feeling

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is it just my cube, or does anybody else's QiYi MS have a lot of white powder, which I'm supposing is lube residue
FYI, I don't have lube, so I can't have lubed it, it must have been factory lube

zslane

Hmm. I recently bought a pair of MS cubes--one stickered and one stickerless--and I didn't encounter any white residue on either of them. I even took both completely apart and didn't see anything like that. They were, of course, quite slippery though.

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
YouTube
Visit Channel
I need help. How do I make my Crazy Megaminx turn smoother or faster? I tried tensioning it looser, but that causes the inner pieces of the circle to wobble and outer pieces to pop, so I tensioned it back. I tried using DNM-37 but becuase its super tight, it just makes it a little stickier and has no effect. What should i do? (or what lube should I use for a very tight big puzzle?)

Cubing5life

MJS Cubing

WCA
2019SULL02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Vaseline and all the other stuff is kinda trash and the cube store lubes aren‘t cheap at all. Traxxas 50cc 9$- some Martian same price 10cc
That's premium lube. Im talking about the silicone stuff. The cubicle brand is cheaper than traxxis on their website. I use weight 4 and it is right in the middle of not too heavy and not too light.

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 8.10.47 PM.png