• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DNF_Cuber

I noticed speedcubedb added cases for all slots which is cool to see. For ultra completeness, they should have every possible slot to insert in and slot free.

also what do you guys think of this
not sure it's faster than triple sexy or triple inverse sexy. it's 7 moves but 4 of the moves are double turns
I kinda discovered that when I was first learning sq-1 and trying to visualize the moves by doing it on 3x3

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been learning CN F2L and I suffer from an extreme case of "f2l blindness" where I'll look for an edge or corner and miss seeing it even though it's right in front of me. Anyone else have this issue or know how to help fix it?

Llewelys

Yes, it happens a lot in the beginning
What I did (and still do sometimes) is that I repeat the cross color in my head again and again, to stay focused on it.
It helps to find corners and to filter out any edge with the LL color

Reactions: qwr

laispais

Need help oragnizing f2l cases
Ive found algs for when pieces are in the top layer and the correct slot, I just used algdb numbers to categorize it and it worked fine. Im starting on f2l with edges in the wrong slots. Can anyone think of a good way to categorize it. Maybe its already been done.

tsmosher

I classify them using the metaphors from RiDo's Hunting Story:
  • Crocodile (premade corner-edge pair inserted with R U' R' or L' U L)
  • Eagle (corner on top with bottom color up; once joined, these transpose into the above cases)
  • Tiger (separated corner-edge pair inserted with R U R' or L' U' L)
For example, F2L case #1 and #2 would be right- and left-handed versions (respectively) of Crocodile cases.
F2L #19, 20, 21, and 22 are Eagle cases.
And so on...

Tim.

Steve AC

Does anyone know a rotationless alg to solve F2L #25 (on algdb) from the angle of y2?

Basically I got all my F2L done rotationless, and my last slot to complete (back left) was case #25.

Llewelys

- You double flick E2s with your left hand like you would double flick U2'. You squish a bit the top and bottom layers with your right hand.
- You double flick the U2 with your right hand, as usual

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
I want to see how this is fingertricked, lol
R', E2 double flick, R, U2 R' E2 Double flick, R
I used to use U L' S2 L U L' S2 L for this case lol.
If you want no slices, then U' r' U r B' r B r' works just fine if you know how to do homegrip B moves. (It's just the F/B L/R mirror of R' F R F' R U R' lol)

povlhp

I've been learning CN F2L and I suffer from an extreme case of "f2l blindness" where I'll look for an edge or corner and miss seeing it even though it's right in front of me. Anyone else have this issue or know how to help fix it?
This is normal, only number of solves will help. I was way past 500 solves before I was somewhat aware.
One reason to do back-slots first is that you will not have to turn the cube to search for the missing ones.
But I was pretty opportunistic in the beginning. Find an edge that did not have yellow, then find corresponding corner.

Steve AC

So for F2L#25 from all angles, thanks to that E2 alg you taught me, is now:
Front Right Slot (FRS): R' F' R (unsexy) F
FLS: U' L' U L (beginner method)
BLS: R' E2 R U2 R' E2 R
BRS: idk which to do either mirror the E2 alg lefty or just do beginner method to pair but from behind using U' R' U R to pair? Nevermind mirroring the E2 alg doesnt solve F2L25. Yikes.

Is this the most efficient way to do all 4 angles?

Last edited:

fadsarmy

What's the best way to solve this case from y2? I normally do a y' U' L F' L' F L U L'.

Attachments

• alg.jpg
    alg.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 2

Steve AC

BR Slot: R f' U' f R' U' R(Keep the edge in front of you)
FL: L F' L' F L' U' L Edge in back
FR: R' F R F' R U R' Edge in back
BL: the E2 one or r' U r B' r B r'
I reversed all your provided algorithms from a solved state and came to the conclusion that the algs for BR & FL are for solving F2L#26, not F2L#25.

So for now these are the ways I know how to solve F2L#25:

F2L #25
FR:
1. R' F' R (unsexy) F
2. U' (sledgehammer) R U R'

FL:
1. U' L' U L (pair)
(Inserts)
1. U F U' F'
2. (Lefty hedge)
3. y' (unsexy)
4. y' (sledgehammer)

BL:
1. R' E2 R U2 R' E2 R

BR:
1. U' R' U R (pair) U f R' f' (insert)

Steve AC

What's the best way to solve this case from y2? I normally do a y' U' L F' L' F L U L'.
I have no clue. What you do seems pretty good tho.
If you have this case there's guaranteed at least one slot open for use, so maybe try breaking that apart by inserting the other F2L slot first.

Rubuscu

Hello,

I think I have discovered a new F2L trick. I don't know if anyone has introduced this trick before, so I may not be the first person to discover it.

F2L.jpg

Focus on the F2L pair comprising of the blue-orange edge (at the back in the top layer, only the blue colour is visible) and the white-orange-blue corner (on the front-left in the top layer). The F2L pieces are already set up to be inserted in the front right slot with R U R'. But before doing that, we have to rotate, or else we cannot insert it into the front right slot.

Instead of rotating and doing R U R', we can do this algorithm, keeping the corner on the front-left in the top layer and the edge at the back in the top layer: M (R U' R') U M'
What we are basically doing is pairing up the pieces with a slice move, inserting it into the front-right slot and then fixing the cross edge by moving the top layer and then a slice turn.

This algorithm is rotation-less and quite fast. However, I am still a little unsure if this algorithm is worth doing or will it be faster to just cube rotate and solve it normally. Please reply what you think about this algorithm. Feel free to say if it is helpful or not. I will be really thankful.

NOTE: This algorithm can be used for the other three slots, with the variations of the same algorithm.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello,

I think I have discovered a new F2L trick. I don't know if anyone has introduced this trick before, so I may not be the first person to discover it.

View attachment 15228

Focus on the F2L pair comprising of the blue-orange edge (at the back in the top layer, only the blue colour is visible) and the white-orange-blue corner (on the front-left in the top layer). The F2L pieces are already set up to be inserted in the front right slot with R U R'. But before doing that, we have to rotate, or else we cannot insert it into the front right slot.

Instead of rotating and doing R U R', we can do this algorithm, keeping the corner on the front-left in the top layer and the edge at the back in the top layer: M (R U' R') U M'
What we are basically doing is pairing up the pieces with a slice move, inserting it into the front-right slot and then fixing the cross edge by moving the top layer and then a slice turn.

This algorithm is rotation-less and quite fast. However, I am still a little unsure if this algorithm is worth doing or will it be faster to just cube rotate and solve it normally. Please reply what you think about this algorithm. Feel free to say if it is helpful or not. I will be really thankful.

NOTE: This algorithm can be used for the other three slots, with the variations of the same algorithm.

This is nothing new and statistically worse than rotating.