• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ive created an OLL method where its like 2-look oll but instead of orienting edges then corners, but then you do corners and then edges.
There are 8 algoriithms.
Step 1) You look at the corner orientation of the OLL, and use one of the 2x2 OLL Algorithms to orient the edges
Step 2) You use only 2 algorithms for the 2 cases that exist to orient the edges
Step 3) Oriented!
Sounds interesting. I find doing edges first to be good as we get some good EO cases.

Your order of 2 look OLL has some merit as well, as we can do EPLLs after doing the corners.

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ive created an OLL method where its like 2-look oll but instead of orienting edges then corners, but then you do corners and then edges.
There are 8 algoriithms.
Step 1) You look at the corner orientation of the OLL, and use one of the 2x2 OLL Algorithms to orient the edges
Step 2) You use only 2 algorithms for the 2 cases that exist to orient the edges
Step 3) Oriented!
This isn't new.

cuberonio

Weird zz

Step 1 - eoline
Step 2 left block
Step 3 - right block with the opposite colour
Step 4- ocll
Step 5 weird pll
Step 6 put the opposite colour line that is on top um the bottom to solve the cube

Spriteblood

WCA
2013SSWO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello,

I wanted to share a method I designed some months ago and make it open for discussion.
It is a column-first method that mixes some elements from Roux and also adds an unseen part based on uM-Moves.

The core idea is to solve all centers in the last step and let them open during the first parts of the solve to give access to some l/r/S/E/M based improvements.

The method has 4 parts:
1: column building on first 2 layers. (very well known and easy to do for both CFOP and Roux solvers)
2: CMLL (With the case that DL/DR-edges and R/L-centers are not solved, so I guess here is some space for improved algs, but I haven't worked on that yet)
3: DL/DR edge solve (intuitive): Easy to do, good lookahead, normally <6 moves. (It can also be DF/DB which can be completed with an additional d/d' move or whole cube twist)
4: CLSE: (corners & last six edges,): The signature part of this method which gives it it's name:
You solve the R & L centers and orient all 6 remaining edges in one uM-based algorithm! This results in a pre-oriented LSE case that can be solved in just some more moves (known from Roux)

See the slow example solve

And a real-life example solve:

I also want to submit the (unfinished) list of uM-algs for the last step (with some visuals to make them easier to memorize)
algs.png

Another example solve

Scramble: R2 F' B2 R' U2 D' B U' L' R' B' R' L2 D2 R L B' L' F2 U' B2 F2 R D U'

R u' L' U L U' M2 U2 R' U R M U' M2 F U2 F' //Columns
U2 L' U2 L U2’ L F' L' F //CMLL
U M U2 M' D' M' E' //D(RL)-Slotting
M' u M2 u' M U2 M2 U M U2 M U2 M2 //CLSE

Thank you for listening!

cuberonio

Hello,

I wanted to share a method I designed some months ago and make it open for discussion.
It is a column-first method that mixes some elements from Roux and also adds an unseen part based on uM-Moves.

The core idea is to solve all centers in the last step and let them open during the first parts of the solve to give access to some l/r/S/E/M based improvements.

The method has 4 parts:
1: column building on first 2 layers. (very well known and easy to do for both CFOP and Roux solvers)
2: CMLL (With the case that DL/DR-edges and R/L-centers are not solved, so I guess here is some space for improved algs, but I haven't worked on that yet)
3: DL/DR edge solve (intuitive): Easy to do, good lookahead, normally <6 moves. (It can also be DF/DB which can be completed with an additional d/d' move or whole cube twist)
4: CLSE: (corners & last six edges,): The signature part of this method which gives it it's name:
You solve the R & L centers and orient all 6 remaining edges in one uM-based algorithm! This results in a pre-oriented LSE case that can be solved in just some more moves (known from Roux)

See the slow example solve

And a real-life example solve:

I also want to submit the (unfinished) list of uM-algs for the last step (with some visuals to make them easier to memorize)
View attachment 20851

Another example solve

Scramble: R2 F' B2 R' U2 D' B U' L' R' B' R' L2 D2 R L B' L' F2 U' B2 F2 R D U'

R u' L' U L U' M2 U2 R' U R M U' M2 F U2 F' //Columns
U2 L' U2 L U2’ L F' L' F //CMLL
U M U2 M' D' M' E' //D(RL)-Slotting
M' u M2 u' M U2 M2 U M U2 M U2 M2 //CLSE

Thank you for listening!
It is a pretty cool method

cuberonio

Beguinner method :
1-cross
2-f2l
3-ocll- like cfce but you do not need to do cmll , just ocll
4-finish with 134 algs(1lll)
Intermidiante method:
1 cross
2 f2l-1
3 wv to orient corners
4 finish with 134 algs
Advanced method :
1 cross
2 f2l-1
3 zz Ols - see corner orientation and preform 1of 501 algs to Orient the corneta
4- finish with 134 algs

Last edited:
WCA
2015FOXC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Beguinner method :
1-cross
2-f2l

Never though I'd hear of a "beginner" method that requires 134 algs, as well as full f2l. My concern with this technique, aside from large alg counts for a beginner method, is the ergonomics. If I'm understanding this correct, you wish to solve CP, EP, and EO in one alg, and I would imagine there would be lots of awkward turns required to orient the edges.

Also, are you sure that 134 is the correct number of algs? Maybe I'm misinterpreting something, but that number seems quite low.

cuberonio

Never though I'd hear of a "beginner" method that requires 134 algs, as well as full f2l. My concern with this technique, aside from large alg counts for a beginner method, is the ergonomics. If I'm understanding this correct, you wish to solve CP, EP, and EO in one alg, and I would imagine there would be lots of awkward turns required to orient the edges.

Also, are you sure that 134 is the correct number of algs? Maybe I'm misinterpreting something, but that number seems quite low.
Yes , I am sure , they are the rarest , só they can not have that many algs , but I am sure

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
Beguinner method :
1-cross
2-f2l
Intermidiante method:
1 cross
2 f2l-1
3 wv to orient corners
4 finish with 134 algs
Advanced method :
1 cross
2 f2l-1
3 zz Ols - see corner orientation and preform 1of 501 algs to Orient the corneta
4- finish with 134 algs
I’m gonna set aside the slightly incorrect number of LL algs for a sec.
You can’t use just ZZ OLS since it requires EO of the last F2L edge. Because you do not state eo to enable this you actually have around 1000 algs for LS. The total alg count is 72+40+22+21 for LL.

cuberonio

I’m gonna set aside the slightly incorrect number of LL algs for a sec.
You can’t use just ZZ OLS since it requires EO of the last F2L edge. Because you do not state eo to enable this you actually have around 1000 algs for LS. The total alg count is 72+40+22+21 for LL.
No , but you ONLY need to see the corners , and if that so , how can you preform WV when the edges are not oriented ?

cuberonio

Forgive me if I'm wrong
4x21(for the adj unprinted edges) - (3+2+2+3+3)(for H,Z,E,Ns symmetry) + 2x21(opp unoriented) - (1+1+1)(H,N symmetry) + 21 + 21 = 152
You are right . It is not 134 cases because I did not Counted Pll Soo , it is 155 algs