• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm pretty sure it's just the no-brainer way of doing it. I have friends who can barely solve a 3x3 with the beginners method and they use this system. I didn't learn how to do the beginners method until after a year of cubing and I automatically used this system as it made the most logical sense.
except it's not a "no-brainer"
you solve the UL and recognize case

but wathever I don't expect no one to care anymore anyway

I wanted to develop a megaminx version of it but don't feel like it anymore

Thom S.

except it's not a "no-brainer"
you solve the UL and recognize case

but wathever I don't expect no one to care anymore anyway

I wanted to develop a megaminx version of it but don't feel like it anymore
In the last few weeks it seems like nobody can take criticism anymore.
But i mean, that is kind of how I recognise the Edges for my ZBLLs so I don't expect nobody else has come up with this.

DynaXT

WCA
2021PORT02
I don't know if this is new or good, but on occasion I've implemented a pseudo center thing into my 4x4 solves. Basically when you make a center it has one white bar and one yellow bar (this can obviously change to red/orange and blue/green), then you do the same thing to the opposite center and before moving onto the rest, adjust the U and D layers if necessary and do Rw2 to finish F2C. It can be helpful if there isn't a good way to make a full center, but I don't know if it's efficient or not.

Reactions: LBr
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
In the last few weeks it seems like nobody can take criticism anymore.
But i mean, that is kind of how I recognise the Edges for my ZBLLs so I don't expect nobody else has come up with this.
It's kinda hard to accept criticism when you have to deal with depression and anxiety
but yeah I think I'll just stay away from the forum for a while again
cya

WCA
2022CHRI09
So i found a method that requires the following steps
1. Solve the fastest tips (1-4 tip rotations)
2. Create one bar and make a cross (at most 8-9 moves)
3. do R U R' to put edges on the top layer into their correct place
3a. remove if a corner is in its wrong position, skipping a bad last layer case
4, Do last layer cases (if 3 is done correctly, then the horrible last layer cases are not gonna happen, only 2-flips and headlights

This method i think has potential to become a good speed beginner method since alg count is the exact same with LBL, since R U R' isnt really an alg.

What do you guys think?
If you want to improve something ofcourse then!

cuberonio

So I would like to create a new zb variant called zb platform , it is inspired by platform method ( check the platform method on speedsolving wiki ) , so the steps in platform are the cross , f2l, and instead of doing oll and then pll you create a line and then you do a 1lll but the creation of the line is confusing , so what I propose is that in the last slot you create a line and do the 1lll ( just 70 algs ) but I need help because I am not good for creating algs so I need someone to help me creating algs and yea , thats preety much it .
pros : less algs than normal zb
low movecount
cons: some 1lll bad algs
still lots of algs ( probablly)

Imsoosm

So I would like to create a new zb variant called zb platform , it is inspired by platform method ( check the platform method on speedsolving wiki ) , so the steps in platform are the cross , f2l, and instead of doing oll and then pll you create a line and then you do a 1lll but the creation of the line is confusing , so what I propose is that in the last slot you create a line and do the 1lll ( just 70 algs ) but I need help because I am not good for creating algs so I need someone to help me creating algs and yea , thats preety much it .
pros : less algs than normal zb
low movecount
cons: some 1lll bad algs
still lots of algs ( probablly)
lol I came up with almost the exact same thing, except instead of ZBLL, it does into any of the 5+ unoriented pieces OLLs. Easier to force, but more algs.

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
So, this method is called EO1155.
The Sove starts by you doing Edge orientation and solving the f2l -1.
then you do like 8355 where you orient your Yellow cross pieces.
And then you do L5C.
Improvements : maybe creating algs for the second step.
This method is inspired by 8355.
This is in fact not new by any means

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
So, this method is called EO1155.
Cool. Love the name, just rrrrrolls off the tongue.
The Sove starts by you doing Edge orientation and solving the f2l -1.
Sounds very easy, a great first step since that can consistently be planned out in inspection! No skill needed.
then you do like 8355 where you orient your Yellow cross pieces.
I always fancied orientating edges after I already have them orientated from doing it in the beginning of the solve. Also, down with CN, white cross FTW!
And then you do L5C.
Super feasible. Love to see it. Great set with reasonable amount of case and amazing recognition.
Improvements : maybe creating algs for the second step.
If your edges are already orientated then it's pretty intuitive and anyone could simply find all the cases in under ten minutes.
This method is inspired by 8355.
One of the greatest.

Steve860315

Make the cross on all sides of the Rubik's cube. It means make the Edge pieces locate in the right place.

You can use old former formulas and also you can use other new formula I found and I'll explain this formula later.

Make the Corner pieces locatw in the right place with right color sides.

This process needs two similar formulas actually in my opinion those two formulas are based on same principle.

A= RF'R'FU(1/2/3)F'RFR'U(1/2/3)
A'= L'FLF'U(1/2/3)FL'F'LU(1/2/3)

You can make at most 6 Corner pieces locate in right place with these two similar formulas.

And In this process you have to remian only two Corner pieces each from top side(white side) and bottom side(yellow side)

Then we can see the rest two corner pieces not locates rightly. There are three different cases, but actually they can be converged into one case.

The last one case is discerned with the relations of blocks and colors and the relative location of blocks at one side.

And in certain way and direction, you can make blocks finish with the same A&A' formulas, which I mentioned above.

I'll upload and show you this process and making cube with this new method in instruction video.

Or you can check this one case with Picture No.1,2,3

No.1

GridArt_20220916_145401878.jpg

No.2.

GridArt_20220916_145455995.jpg

No.3.

GridArt_20220916_145532727.jpg

●Appendix●

The making cross all sides in other words making Edge pieces in right place process can be solved with new formula similar with A&A' formulas I found.

M'FDF'D'(×)MD(3-×)R'DR

And it also needs certain state before adapting this new cross formula, ans I'll also explain it with video.

Or you can check this process with Picture No.4.

No.4

GridArt_20220916_145701602.jpg

This new easy way to solve 3×3×3 Rubik's cube has three features comparing with other former formulas.

*1. the making cross on all sides is the first step in this new way.

*2. The making Corner pieces formulas are based on the same principle that is not changing the Edge pieces and switching the Corner pieces.

*3. This new way could be accepted as non-formula ways like french Roux method to somebody who are very farmillar with solving cubes and finding cube formulas.

CLICK VIDEO LINK

WCA
2022CHRI09
Ive created an OLL method where its like 2-look oll but instead of orienting edges then corners, but then you do corners and then edges.
There are 8 algoriithms.
Step 1) You look at the corner orientation of the OLL, and use one of the 2x2 OLL Algorithms to orient the edges
Step 2) You use only 2 algorithms for the 2 cases that exist to orient the edges
Step 3) Oriented!

For step 2 the 2 cases are:
1. 2 opposite edges unoriented
2, 2 adjacent edges unoriented.