• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

mastmtr

New heavily algorithm based method

1: Make two opposite crosses intuitively
2: Use an algorithm that separates the corners into their layers
3: Cmll on both faces and extra algorithms to solve impossible cases
4: Last 4 edges in the e slice

Probably has lower movecount than cfop and very algorithmic so the turn speed could be very high

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
I'm kind of glad I didn't come up with ZZ. I probably would have called it "E-Line Crust" because you have a EO followed by the line hence "E-Line" or Elon. You get "Crust" because EO fixes all the edges so once at LL you have a cross on the "U" or, "T" face giving you "Crust" or, Musk.

E-Line Crust = Elon Musk

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
It seems like no one here learned from luke garret
Algs being consistent/locky is subject to the user's turning style. There are people who screw up the RUS U perms consistently and there are people like Brian Sun who can do them in 0.4 in a solve consistently.
(Coincidentally, my only sub 1 PLL is R2 U' S R2' S' R2 U R2 lol)

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
Algs being consistent/locky is subject to the user's fingertricks. There are people who screw up the RUS U perms consistently and there are people like Brian Sun who can do them in 0.4 in a solve consistently.
(Coincidentally, my only sub 1 PLL is R2 U' S R2' S' R2 U R2 lol)
Not really, there are a lot of people who use the same fingertricks for an alg, because it's the best, yet some can achieve amazing amazing times while others lock up 95% of the time.

EvanCuber

Here is a very interesting idea for a method that it very similar to CFOP/CFCE in a way, if you inspect it closely.
1. Build a 2 by 2 by 2 block anywhere on the cube
2. Solve the three corners that are touching the block, and simultaneously solve a edge adjacent to each corner
3. Permute the remaining four corners (28 Algorithms)
4. Permute the remaining four edges (About 50 Algorithms)
The Pros: Solving corner edge pairs after making block is more efficient since you can solve either edge pair adjacent to the corner, so you can decide which edge pair would be faster and more effective
The Cons: Lookahead is pretty bad

Last edited: