• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Hazel

Premium Member
Oh, OK. Would that be any less after roux EO ?
After Roux EO, you would have 6 edges, so (6!) / 2, or 360. Still a lot, but at least this can actually be done. I highly doubt it would be worth it though, as the algorithms probably wouldn't be much more efficient or really any faster than just solving normally.

Chris_Cube

Hello there,
my name is Chris and I am new here on this place. I wanted to post here a speedsolving method for the 3x3x3.
So I tried some solves with this method and for me as a bad speedcuber ;) (pb is 22:26 sec) I achieved an average of around 30 secs. So this method maybe has potential with some more Optimization to be a sub-20 method. My Explanation is as follows:

I hope you can give me some feedback :)
Greetings

ESO-Method

The ESO-Method (E & S Slice Method) is a method for speedsolving. It's a little bit a fusion of Blockbuilding
and Triangular Francisco. Especially it uses the principles of Group-reducing.
The Steps are as follows:

Step 1: The Rubik's Cube Group is firstly reduced to Moves Rw, R, U, E, F, M and L so you build in this step
a 1x2x2 Block. After this, turn the block into the left corner, so that the F & R Slices won't destroy it.

Step 2: Put every corner on the E Slice in it's correct position, this is very practical at this point, because
(just like Triangular Francisco) the R Slice is completely moveable and also the F Slice, you won't destroy your
1x2x2 Block. You now have reduced your Cube to simple and fast moves. Also if for example a corner is at the
Down-Position on the R-Slice, you can get it out with the R2-Move, which would for example destroy your "B2-Bomber"
in the Triangular Francisco Method.

Step 3: Orientate the Corners of the last Layer. Because you have 2 Corners left from your starting layer you can
orientate the last layer corners with these corners. If you start with white for example, you will get the yellow
cross. This step also reduces the cube to simple Moves resp. the M-Slice. It is also done by Intuition.

Step 4: F2L
This F2L is very interesting, because it only needs R,R2,U,U2,L,L2 as moves
(or R,R2,U,U2 when you want to turn the whole Cube), which can be executed very fast.
In this step you sometimes orientate the last layer completely and can skip it in Step 5. You could optimate this
step by orientating the last layer simultaneously as inserting the F2L-Pairs or using MGLS.

Step 5: OLL + PLL
It's the same like CFOP. Sometimes you get an OLL-Skip.

Example Solve
--------------------------------------------------
Scramble: B' D' B' D' U2 L D2 B U' B R' U R2 L' B2

Solve: yellow on top green in front

1x2x2-Block: D2 U' F U' F'
E-Layer-finish: D' E2 Rw U Rw' U' E' R U' R' E' U' Rw U Rw' E' Rw U Rw'
OLL-Edge: U2 M' U2 M U2 S' U2 S
F2L: R' U' R U R' U' R U' R' U R R U R' U' R U2 R' U R U' R' L' U' L U L' U' L U2 L' U L
OLL-Corner: U2 R U R' U R U2 R
PLL: U U-Perm
86 Moves

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Welcome! I am very confused with your method at present, because A:there are no corners in the E slice (step 2 of your method), and B: the example solve doesn’t seem to work. Maybe elaborate on this a bit?
EDIT: Never mind, realised you were scrambling White on top Green on front, then rotated. Give me a minute to go through this.

Last edited:

Chris_Cube

Welcome! I am very confused with your method at present, because A:there are no corners in the E slice (step 2 of your method), and B: the example solve doesn’t seem to work. Maybe elaborate on this a bit?
EDIT: Never mind, realised you were scrambling White on top Green on front, then rotated. Give me a minute to go through this.

Hey PetrusQuber,
yeah excuse me I maybe mentioned some things wrong, but if you made the example solve you should understand the things I explained wrong with my english skills :D
For example I also found out, if you insert the F2L in Step 4 in a specific order, you can orientate the last layer simultaneously in this Step.
But this has to be worked out, because I don't want to use i.e. MGLS (too much algs ;) ).
Greetz

Acro

My friend taught me this method and I'm not sure if it's original or not and he only taught me the beginner version so I'll try to write as much as I remember of his advanced version

The steps would be
3/4 Cross
F2L minus the edge
CMLL
L5E

The bottom face's center can be on top or bottom depending on the pieces and basically make a line and one white edge and fix the line and edges and then M2 to put it at the bottom or simply do it like a normal cross but only 3 edges

F2L can be done like normal except that face without the edge can be moved to pair as long as no pairs have been inserted in that face
and another trick is the M where if u have an edge that needs to be paired you can do M' to pair and U or U' and M to put the M slice back in it's place and sometimes the edge is not correct so you can put the corner so the other side and in Roux you would do M2 to pair if the pieces were the same but in this method it would be M' U2 M
and the pair would be....paired

CMLL, I don't know how this works but I learnt to do Sune and Anti-Sune and J and A perms to solve the corners but somehow he solves the four corners in one alg
he said it's an alg set u can memorize

L5E I solved like how i would on LSE except I made it into a PLL case but he said I can memorize an alg set for it

He never named this method and could anyone tell if this is original or an existing method

C

Cubinwitdapizza

My friend taught me this method and I'm not sure if it's original or not and he only taught me the beginner version so I'll try to write as much as I remember of his advanced version

The steps would be
3/4 Cross
F2L minus the edge
CMLL
L5E

The bottom face's center can be on top or bottom depending on the pieces and basically make a line and one white edge and fix the line and edges and then M2 to put it at the bottom or simply do it like a normal cross but only 3 edges

F2L can be done like normal except that face without the edge can be moved to pair as long as no pairs have been inserted in that face
and another trick is the M where if u have an edge that needs to be paired you can do M' to pair and U or U' and M to put the M slice back in it's place and sometimes the edge is not correct so you can put the corner so the other side and in Roux you would do M2 to pair if the pieces were the same but in this method it would be M' U2 M
and the pair would be....paired

CMLL, I don't know how this works but I learnt to do Sune and Anti-Sune and J and A perms to solve the corners but somehow he solves the four corners in one alg
he said it's an alg set u can memorize

L5E I solved like how i would on LSE except I made it into a PLL case but he said I can memorize an alg set for it

He never named this method and could anyone tell if this is original or an existing method
It’s Russo