• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

RyanP12

WCA
2019PUSH02
Here’s an idea: what is we did ZZ EOLine, then did CP Block(left block) to reduce the cube to RU, then do right block(easily due to the RU reduction), and end up with a 2GLL.

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Here’s an idea: what is we did ZZ EOLine, then did CP Block(left block) to reduce the cube to RU, then do right block(easily due to the RU reduction), and end up with a 2GLL.
that's zz-d

Solving Corner Permuation during F2L
These methods solve Corner Permutation leaving the cube in a 2-gen state.

• ZZ-d: Just before the completion of the left block, corners are permuted and 2GLL can be used to finish. Only a maximum of 2 additional moves are required to correctly solve CP. This process is called CPLS. However, the solver must determine the permutation of all the unsolved corners to execute this step; this is a slow process, which makes ZZ-d inappropriate for speed solving.
  • ZZ-Orbit: Corners are permuted during insertion of the last F2L's pair. Recognition is not so straight forward, but much faster than that of ZZ-d. Once performed, 2GLL can be used for 1-look last layer. This has many similarities to CPLS+2GLL, but was developed independently. Thread:[1] Guide:[2]
  • ZZ-z: After left block, CP is solved, then a 1x2x2 block is made on BDR and LPELL is used to permute the edges and finish F2L, and 2GLL is left to finish the solve.
  • ZZ-porky v1: Also known as ZZ-e. The D layer corners are put in the D layer (not neccessarily permuted) and alg is used to solve corner permutation. Post:[3]
  • ZZ-Rainbow: A variant of ZZ-porky v1. After EOline, place the DFR and DRB corners in place and get the Left Block pieces in the L and U layers. Then either solve the first block<LU> or do a z rotation and then solving it RU. After first block, you have already done the setup moves for ZZ-porky v1, and so execute the ZZ-porky algorithm, then solve the rest of the cube 2-gen.
  • ZZ-porky v2: After solving the first square of ZZF2L, place the DRB and DRF corners and AUF the last first block corner to UBL. then execute an algorithm to permute the corners. Followingly, insert the last first block pair using only <LU> moves, then solve the rest of the cube with only <RU> moves.
  • CPLS+2GLL: After solving ZZF2L-1 slot, insert the edge. then insert the final corner while solving CP, then finish with 2GLL.

RyanP12

WCA
2019PUSH02
What if we did LEOR(EOFB, then Stripe), which would leave us with 6 unsolved corners, which we can easily solve CP on, and end with RU gen into 2GLL?

RedstoneTim

YouTube
Visit Channel
What if we did LEOR(EOFB, then Stripe), which would leave us with 6 unsolved corners, which we can easily solve CP on, and end with RU gen into 2GLL?
Almost every method with 2-gen finish solves CP at some point after 2x2x3 + EO which means that the general structure is solve 2x2x3 + EO (multiple ways: ZZ, Petrus, LEOR, LEOR-b, etc.) , solve CP, right block and 2GLL.
What I want to say is that it isn't really an innovation if you just put an existing way to solve 2x2x3 + EO and one to solve CP together.
If you're interested in CP, there are already a lot of methods out there like ZZ-d, Briggs, 2GR and Noah's CP block methods. They're all worth a look.

C

Cubinwitdapizza

I have a algorithim set idea, 2 actually.

So we have cross solved, this can be ZZ (if eocross is solved) or CFOP. Sometimes you will have a F2L pair in the wrong slot. So what if, we put the F2L pair that went in that slot, in the slot that the first pair was supposed to go in. This only works for ZZ if it’s diagonal. So lets say we had a diagonal swapped F2L thing. We would do everything normal then at PLL we would do an algorithm that solves pll whilst solving the two diagonal pairs. This concept can also be applied if there are 2 adjacent swapped pairs (which is only possible with cfop).

Lemme know what your thoughts are on this.

Etotheipi

So we have cross solved, this can be ZZ (if eocross is solved) or CFOP. Sometimes you will have a F2L pair in the wrong slot. So what if, we put the F2L pair that went in that slot, in the slot that the first pair was supposed to go in. This only works for ZZ if it’s diagonal. So lets say we had a diagonal swapped F2L thing. We would do everything normal then at PLL we would do an algorithm that solves pll whilst solving the two diagonal pairs. This concept can also be applied if there are 2 adjacent swapped pairs (which is only possible with cfop).

Well, recog shouldn't be an issue, because by the time you get to PLL you could easily remember that you have a diagonal case, without having to look, although learning the extra set of PLL algs might not be worth it, it depends on whether the diagonal PLL cases are longer or harder to execute than the normal PLL, I'd think they would, because more pieces would be needed to be moved, and there would be no 2-gen algs in the set because you'd need to do at least 2 L moves to get one misplaced pair out of it's slot and into the other.

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...

This already exists. I can’t remember what it’s called (someone help me) but it was proposed a long time ago. It turns out that some of the algs are good, but the majority aren’t great. From what I remember though the diag swaps are some of the better ones.

Etotheipi

I had a probs garbage 4x4 method idea, thats sort of a Petrus redux method. The steps are:
1: Solve a 4x2x3 block, and the center opposite the one contained in the block.
2: Solve the remaining centers.
3: add the remaining little edge pieces to create a full 4x3x3 block
4: Pair remaining edges.
5: finish as 3x3.

Does this already exist? Or is it completely garbage?

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, I was first thinking of EO2x2x2 but I thought it might be too much to plan in inspection so I split them up, if you guys day it’s possible then ok! (I’ll edit the post)
Edit: Just saying, In the random notes section, under the “To be faster with this method:” I said this about EO- “even solve it simultaneously w/ 2x2x2”
What is the current state of this method?