• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

KAINOS

One of the problems that 2-gen redux methods have is that the 2-gen part of the solve is actually not that efficient. Traditional method (ZZ/Petrus F2L+2GLL) gives you something like 28~30 moves(13~15 for F2L, 14.65 for 2GLL (13.15 for algs+AUF)), when the average optimal is around 16~17. So I'm trying to find better alternate method that could finish the solve in <25 moves consistently.

One of the better methods I've come up with is this: Solving tripod(two 2x2x1 blocks - one on DBR and the other on U) and then solving the rest with 1 algorithm. (~300 algs in total) The latter part seems to be slightly better or at least equal to normal 2GLL in both movecount and ergonomics, and some of the algs are really short and nice (~9-12 moves) because of the open FR slot. Also making tripod does solves 1 more piece than F2L, but you have 4 different options for block on U and blockbuilding could be easier as well because of, again, the open slot.

That being said, it would only save only 2 moves at absolute best which is not sufficient to be under 25 moves, of course. And any other stuff I've found couldn't really top this, either. That's why I posted here - I want to hear some new possible ideas from other people. What do you guys think about it? Are there any good 2-gen solving method you can think of? Or do you think it would be impossible to meet a such goal?

Etotheipi

One of the problems that 2-gen redux methods have is that the 2-gen part of the solve is actually not that efficient. Traditional method (ZZ/Petrus F2L+2GLL) gives you something like 28~30 moves(13~15 for F2L, 14.65 for 2GLL (13.15 for algs+AUF)), when the average optimal is around 16~17. So I'm trying to find better alternate method that could finish the solve in <25 moves consistently.

One of the better methods I've come up with is this: Solving tripod(two 2x2x1 blocks - one on DBR and the other on U) and then solving the rest with 1 algorithm. (~300 algs in total) The latter part seems to be slightly better or at least equal to normal 2GLL in both movecount and ergonomics, and some of the algs are really short and nice (~9-12 moves) because of the open FR slot. Also making tripod does solves 1 more piece than F2L, but you have 4 different options for block on U and blockbuilding could be easier as well because of, again, the open slot.

That being said, it would only save only 2 moves at absolute best which is not sufficient to be under 25 moves, of course. And any other stuff I've found couldn't really top this, either. That's why I posted here - I want to hear some new possible ideas from other people. What do you guys think about it? Are there any good 2-gen solving method you can think of? Or do you think it would be impossible to meet a such goal?
would it be at all beneficial to solve eo before the last tripod 2x2x1? It would make the block a bit more efficient and reduce the alg count, but I don't know how much good it would do.