• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

PurpleBanana

Most timers (except Prisma, which does one time at either end) will remove the fastest and slowest 5% of solves, rounded up. So for Ao50, it will remove the fastest/slowest 3 solves (5% of 50 is 2.5).
Ah. So when a timer gives you a "session average," is that also the middle 90% of your times?

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm loving the new update, but does anyone know how to search within threads? I have always done that for the accomplishment thread because I like going back and seeing my progress sometimes, but there is no way I'll be able to find them through the number of posts that I have and that are in that thread. Anybody know?

biscuit

WCA
2015WEBS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm loving the new update, but does anyone know how to search within threads? I have always done that for the accomplishment thread because I like going back and seeing my progress sometimes, but there is no way I'll be able to find them through the number of posts that I have and that are in that thread. Anybody know?

Hover over search, and above the "Search" and "More" buttons, there are a couple of check boxes. One of those allows you to search within the current thread.

Joel2274

I need help identifying a cube. I have a friend who recently got a speedcube, but it was in a bundle i with a bunch of other cubes and he doesn't know what it is. It has scratchy, textured stickers on it with slightly dark shades, doesn't turn very well, and has a logo with a cube on it and the cube logo is all blue and has 2 Chinese letters on 2 sides of the cube logo.

Sion

I need help identifying a cube. I have a friend who recently got a speedcube, but it was in a bundle i with a bunch of other cubes and he doesn't know what it is. It has scratchy, textured stickers on it with slightly dark shades, doesn't turn very well, and has a logo with a cube on it and the cube logo is all blue and has 2 Chinese letters on 2 sides of the cube logo.

That's a shengshou v1

Sion

It might also be a yuxin 3x3, but I used to have a shengshou that was similar, although it had no logo. Do you know how large the Florian holes are? If they don't exist, it's the shengshou v1. If they do, it's a yuxin 3x3.

Drad

When every I solve for a extended period of time my times start get progressively slower does that happen to anyone else ?

PurpleBanana

When every I solve for a extended period of time my times start get progressively slower does that happen to anyone else ?
This happens due to fatigue. If you take a break for an hour and then start solving again your times will return to normal.

Drad

This happens due to fatigue. If you take a break for an hour and then start solving again your times will return to normal.
k thanks I took a break and got a pb of 15 sec I got easy cross and was able to get 3 f2l pairs with ease and a pll or oll skip can trembler I got very lucky.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
I
Where does that word (spam) come from?
I believe it came about like this:
-> canned luncheon meat sold in tins is called spam (it may also be a company name. I'm not entirely sure about that though)
->Monty python sketch where word spam is repeated a lot over and over and over (I'm sure you'll find the clip on YouTube somewhere). Basically a lot of dwarves who love spam demand spam from somewhere
->comes to refer to automated emails and junk mail where a lot of it seems to just be repeating the same thing over and over again (like the word spam from earlier)
-> Begins to be used to refer to attacks in games. This is where gamers begin to use it to describe anyone who just presses a load of buttons or deploys a lot of troops in a desperate attempt to achieve a target). This also the form where a large section of geek culture comes to use it to describe anyone who seems to have less skill in a game and simply just rely on button mashing.
-> cubers pick up the term in this form to describe those who just do as many turns as possible while having less control and lookahead.

turtwig

What does it mean to "roll into" an average (or something like that)?
Thanks.

D

Daniel Lin

What does it mean to "roll into" an average (or something like that)?
Thanks.
not sure but i think it means shifting your average away from bad times
like say your 3x3 times are 11.43, 44.65, 13.33, 12.32, 10.32, 12.33
then if your next time is decent your av5 wont have the 44