• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
I looked on Cubemania already. Unfortunately, you can't see other people's progress charts on there. If I'm just a clueless noob, please tell me how I can do that.

It's a convoluted and unintuitive method so don't consider yourself clueless.

1) First, you need to have an account.
2) Click on Users to find a Username you want a chart for.
3) Click on Timer and then select the event (e.g. 3x3) like you would if you want to time yourself.
4) Above your chart, select "Longtime".
5) Underneath your longtime chart, a blank text box will appear.
6) Type the user you want to compare yourself with in the text box and hit enter.
7) Your longtime graph will be redrawn along with the other user's longtime graph.

*Note: You do not need to have any statistics in your account to compare your stats with someone else.

rubikmaster

WCA
2011JANE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's a convoluted and unintuitive method so don't consider yourself clueless.

1) First, you need to have an account.
2) Click on Users to find a Username you want a chart for.
3) Click on Timer and then select the event (e.g. 3x3) like you would if you want to time yourself.
4) Above your chart, select "Longtime".
5) Underneath your longtime chart, a blank text box will appear.
6) Type the user you want to compare yourself with in the text box and hit enter.
7) Your longtime graph will be redrawn along with the other user's longtime graph.

*Note: You do not need to have any statistics in your account to compare your stats with someone else.

Thanks so much. I remembered that they had that option, and I was looking at "Recent" the entire time and thinking they must've removed it.

samuelqwe

WCA
2014DION01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Any way to easily fix a sticker with air bubbles underneath like this one?

9155bd2ffc2a8ba23cf846baeb06da12.jpg

EvilGnome6

Premium Member
WCA
2014DECO01
Easiest is to poke a pin in it to let the air escape but you'll be left with a tiny pinhole.
The other option is to peel it back to let it out and press it back down but you may end up with a poorly adhering sticker.

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
What is the purpose of [spoilerr] and [spoilerrr]? The first one doesn't appear to hide anything, and the second one just seems to be a spoiler that looks slightly different (and you can't change the title of either):

[spoilerr]not hidden[/spoilerr]

[spoilerrr]What's this for?[/spoilerrr]

I googled them and both times Speedsolving was the first website to come up. I don't think they're on other forums. So, what are they?

I've also seen this, which looks kind of interesting. Is there any reason why it's not enabled? (I don't see any reason to enable it either, but I just wanted to point it out since I haven't seen anyone else talk about it before since 2008).
Bump. Anyone know?

Jade

A question for how to count averages, in a DNF, how much time is this counted as? For example if you have an average of 5 and you get 15.01, 14.59, 10.00, 20.00, DNF, what would the DNF count as? Do you not count it at all or what?

Also, one move away still counts as a DNF, right?

Last question, what are the penalty time additions? Such as +2 or +20? What do you have to do in order for them to get added to your time?

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
A question for how to count averages, in a DNF, how much time is this counted as? For example if you have an average of 5 and you get 15.01, 14.59, 10.00, 20.00, DNF, what would the DNF count as? Do you not count it at all or what?

Also, one move away still counts as a DNF, right?

Last question, what are the penalty time additions? Such as +2 or +20? What do you have to do in order for them to get added to your time?

One move away is not a DNF (unless it is a slice move) and will earn you a +2 I believe.

A DNF is when you stop the timer with two or more moves to go (in HTM) and counts as infinite I believe. In averages, one DNF will not invalidate an average for Ao5 or Ao12 as it will simply be eliminated when calculating. However, if there is more than 1, the whole average will be a DNF as including the DNF will result in an infinite average.

So, in your example above, the average would be (15.01+14.59+20.00)/3 = 16.53

If you check the WCA rules, you will also find other reasons for penalties, DQs and DNFs so I would suggest taking checking there.

Hope this helps! :)

iamashelf

Hello, i have a moyu huachuang and a moyu aosu, however, the aosu turns awful compared to the huachuang, ive lubed and tensioned the aosu, but it still turns not great, any suggestions?

john87

3x3 problem - misplaced corner

Hi! I've just discovered speedcubing and this forum and have gotten really excited, although I'm still not better than average 2min. But practicing F2L I've somehow misplaced a top layer edge. I therefore can't solve the yellow top completely anymore by using the R U Ri U R U U R' algorithm. At all times, at least one yellow corner is facing outwards (and not upwards) in the third layer.

Here's a picture of my problem. Can anyone help me get back to normal?
image_zpst9belfk0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

LiquidDnB

YouTube
Visit Channel
Fake name at comp?

Hi,
Just asking, would it be possible to lie about your name at a comp? I don't want to reveal my name(why I don't add my WCA profile to the forums), but idk if you have to show ID or anything proving that your name is real.
thx
-liquiddnb