• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

kliang9299

I'm trying to dye my white Aolong v1 black because why not. Do I need acetone or is just having rit dye and hot water fine?

geocine

WCA
2008MONC01
Question:
Hi guys do you know a software that would generate the scramble algorithm of a scrambled cube? I want to replicate a hand scramble I made and send it to my friend.

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Question:
Hi guys do you know a software that would generate the scramble algorithm of a scrambled cube? I want to replicate a hand scramble I made and send it to my friend.
Cube explorer does exactly that! Cubing world had a tutorial on how to use it, I use it for some of my blind hand scrambles haha.

geocine

WCA
2008MONC01
Question:
Does anybody know what is the closest lube to the factory lube used by MoYu to lube their cubes? I really like the lube they put on the 3x3 I bought Aolong V2 and Hualong. I bought this from thecubicle.us , I am not sure if it is MoYu's lube or thecubicle's.

Cube explorer does exactly that! Cubing world had a tutorial on how to use it, I use it for some of my blind hand scrambles haha.

Thanks Berd :)

Mine normally lasts around 4 months but I bought 10 of the batteries for less than 2 dollars on ebay. Cheap as.

Is this with heavy usage? I've had mine since Christmas and it's still going. How many hours per day are we looking at?

C

CDcuber

Compilation of Favorite FMC Resources

I have not found anything like this on the forum, so this may help some people.

This is where FMC enthusiasts(new and experienced) can share their favorite resources about FMC (Where to start, tips and tricks, how to learn about premoves, NISS, and inverse scramble, etc.)

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel

This is where FMC enthusiasts(new and experienced) can share their favorite resources about FMC (Where to start, tips and tricks, how to learn about premoves, NISS, and inverse scramble, etc.)

porky's guide has a lot of information.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brest

Staff member
YouTube
Visit Channel

This thread: GoGoGo!

TheDerpyDino

Would this work?

If you put black stickers on a white crazy windmill would it be kind of like a ghost cube? Or am I just stupid?

Phinagin

WCA
2015PATT04
If you put black stickers on a white crazy windmill would it be kind of like a ghost cube? Or am I just stupid?

Technically a ghost cube is just a nxnxn shape mod that relies on only shape instead of colour. So yes they would function the same, but still are different as the cuts are different.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeeDubb

WCA
2014WHIT07
YouTube
Visit Channel

Kind of, but not nearly as difficult as a ghost cube (ghost cube has a lot of similar, but not correct shapes and must be misaligned to turn, which is what makes it challenging), though it would be more difficult than a normal crazy windmill because of some parity issues that may come up, I believe.

Can someone tell me what the "x" stands for when someone says they got a 10.6x second solve? Does the "x" mean that it's just replacing number "0", as in the solve was 10.60 seconds? Or does it mean that the cuber doesn't really care about the number, so instead they say it's 10.6x seconds instead of anywhere between 10.61 to 10.69 seconds because they just don't think that the number in that digit is important? Thanks!

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can someone tell me what the "x" stands for when someone says they got a 10.6x second solve? Does the "x" mean that it's just replacing number "0", as in the solve was 10.60 seconds? Or does it mean that the cuber doesn't really care about the number, so instead they say it's 10.6x seconds instead of anywhere between 10.61 to 10.69 seconds because they just don't think that the number in that digit is important? Thanks!
It's basically when they forget the digit. So I might have a 6:24.xx 7x7 solve, the solve was so long the decimal hardly matters.

rubikmaster

WCA
2011JANE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can anybody tell me where I can find other people's progress charts? (other than randomly running into members who have progress charts in their sig) Speedsolving search and Google search haven't really helped much.