• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you want a really high-end lube, get Lubix.
Other good lubes are Lubicle, Maru, Traxxas, and Izo Lube.

Or you could just get CRC Silicone. :p

Izo lube = lubicle = lubix = traxxas as in all are mixed from differential oils of different viscosities. There isnt one lube that is better than the rest, which is why I recommend buying the cheapest possible diff oil in atleast 2 different viscosities (10/30K and 50k) so you can mix your own to suit your cubing style. Also diff oil is cheaper and a lot better than CRC Silicone. Anything in a spray can sucks for lubing generally.

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Differential oil in the core about every 4-6 months, on the pieces varying on how dirty the puzzle is. Usually when I relube the pieces I do it because the puzzle needs cleaning and the lube comes off at the same time.

Shock oil on the pieces a bit more often on big puzzles, once every 1-2 months.

I use Maru lube only as steroids so I put it when I want the extra speed on big puzzles.

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Guess i might be doing it wrong somehow..
How much should i be spraying on the peices?

What you are using isnt really great for lubing cubes. Get differential oil. Some lubes wear out very fast (maru lube for example) where are others almost never (differential oil).

Weight 30,000 (30k) or 50k differential oil is the most common choice for 3x3 lubing.

MYKE

YouTube
Visit Channel
Could you name a specific brand? (With a good "Weight")

EDIT: Its ok, i'v looked into it.
Bought some already :)
Thanks for the help..

Last edited:

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ansmann Racing Silicone diff oil (50,000)

Good choice, later when you want you can also buy weight 30k diff oil and mix the two to get any viscosity between 30k and 50k. Remember to lube the core! Watch crazybadcubers youtube tutorial on how to lube a core. Bigger puzzles like 4x4-> need a thinner luber like 30k, but for 3x3 lubing 50k is pretty great. Much better than what you had, you'll see.

If you have any more questions about how to use diff oils and perhaps on how to mix them dont hesitate to ask!

Dino

Is Puzl's lube any good? They say it's the same as Lubix.
PUZL Cube Lube is made of the same substance (Dimethicone) as Lubix or 50k Diff Oil but has a viscosity of 350 (unsure of measurement unit - CST I think) and is therefore considerably runnier. I found it to be pretty good, but have switched to Traaxas 50k as I wanted something a bit thicker. I have considered trying Traaxas in the core and PUZL lube on the pieces or mixing it with the 50k to thin it out some.

Getting Diff oil from ebay would most likely be the best and most cost efficient solution IMO.

Last edited:

hkpnkp

lubrication of a zhanchi

which is the best silicone spay for lubricating a zhanchi ?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

gokkar

Silicone sprays are pretty bad for the plastic. I would use something like Traxxas 30K Differential Oil or Lubix.

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
which is the best silicone spay for lubricating a zhanchi ?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Sprays are not the best for zhanchi's but I actually found a mix of CRC and traxxas 50k works pretty well when the zhanchi is really slow (all 4 of my zhanchis except my 42mm zhanchi are really slow when there's only differential oil in them for some reason).