• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

heroicis

WCA
2013MOOR01
Liquid Wrench Lube Review

I just bought liquid wrench silicone spray to test it as a lubricant. It seems to work but you need to break in for a while then let it rest for about 2 hours. I would not recommend buying it. It makes your cube pop much easier, it smells bad and will only turn well using fingertricks.

o2gulo

I just bought liquid wrench silicone spray to test it as a lubricant. It seems to work but you need to break in for a while then let it rest for about 2 hours. I would not recommend buying it. It makes your cube pop much easier, it smells bad and will only turn well using fingertricks.

http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/Lubrication#Liquid_Wrench

It's not really recommended. I suggest you clean up your cube ASAP to prevent further damage or something. It might dissolve the plastic in your cube

ArianTaniwall

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello,
I am getting a zhanchi and I wanna know If I can use sillicon spray on it.Does it have any bad effects?
Also,Is there a big difference in speed or effect on cube between sillicon spray and lets say calvins lube?
Thank you

cubeswag96

YouTube
Visit Channel
Guys I live in Canada and I want to know where I could lay my hands on CRC Silicone? (the Heavy Duty one)? And is that good for a Guhong and a Shengshou 4x4? Thanks much
Cheers

uniacto

WCA
2013KWON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Guys I live in Canada and I want to know where I could lay my hands on CRC Silicone? (the Heavy Duty one)? And is that good for a Guhong and a Shengshou 4x4? Thanks much
Cheers

Walmart. Yes, it works on a Guhong and Shengshou 4x4. I personally would recommend some form of differential oil, like traxxas. I hear you can usually get them at a local hobby store.

Go to your hobby shop as well and get some shock oil, then go to your local Home Depot type store and get some white lithium, afterwards look around for generic brand silicone oil (polydimethylsiloxane). Try everything. None of the above listed contain solvents, so your cube will be safe if you apply any of these. Lithium is what I use, but most people give it a bad review because things like lithium require a lot of prior experience in knowing how much to apply. Too much and the gears/moving parts have to move through this thick fluid that can't be moved out of the way; too little and there isn't enough to lube the entire cube.

Last edited:
Found a great use for my 60 W shock oil that I though was 60k W. My SS 7x7 and 8x8 was creaky with spring noise and I was too intimidated to take them apart and lube the core the correct way, so I loosen the screws about a turn and then dripped some in next to the screw and started turning the face and sure enough it went away :).

Sungjin Kim

Difference with traxxas

Hi, I use a Dayan Guhong V2 that I have bought online. It's been broken in and slightly modded, but I feel it is under-performing a bit. I believe this is because I use CRC 808 silicone spray. I live in New Zealand, so it was the only available lube offline. Right after it's lubed, it becomes great. However, after a while it feels like it has dried up and performance/speed decreases a little (harder to turn). Nobody around me has a proper cube, so I don't know how it should feel. I have recently been looking into Traxxas 50k Differential oil on Ebay. Will the traxxas significantly change how my cube feels? If so, how? Also, will fully taking my cube apart and spraying it with the spray make it better than just popping out a piece and spraying it in? Also, this last question doesn't fit in this thread, but I have recently noticed that all the stalks on my centre pieces are cracked. Is this just on my cube, and will it affect the performance?

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
a) Yes, the Traxxas should make your cube smoother, and feel more "liquid" if you know what I mean.
b) Taking out a piece and spraying it should be enough, but I recommend scrambling, taking out a piece, spraying, putting the piece back in, and doing the same for the opposite piece.
I sometimes just spray in through the holes though.
c) When they crack, it shouldn't really affect the performance. I have a stickerless where 1/2 of a stalk broke off entirely, and I can't find much difference.

rapc12

i need help with mi cube!!

Hello guys, well, i have a problem, i have a dayan guhong v2, i wanted to lubricate my cube but i dont have any silicon lubricant, so frist i tried to put it a lubricating cream that i have, and it was sticky, i dismantle my cube and i wash it, so i tried with a baby oil, and it was rare, in part sticky again, so i put the parts of the cube in soak for an hour, den i dry the parts and in my hands, the parts feels good, but when i start cubing, the cube feels kinda rough, now i dont know what to do to pur it back like before :/, should i get a good lubricant and apply it?:(

stensgaard

10K traxxas for the core, and 4 drops of maru a few times a month .. and a my ZhanChi is almost too fast :)