• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Arkwell

CRC, Jigaloo, Lubix, which lasts the longest?

Guys, 3 of the same cubes and say 200 solves a day, one lubed with Lubix(Traxxas), one with CRC, one with Jigaloo. Which lube will last the longest before a re-lube?

mrw

YouTube
Visit Channel
crc and jigaloo are basically the same but should be cleaned out when crusty, which is usually around a month. Lubix dries but in like 3 months.

CubeTube

Lubrication - Usage and duration

Hi guys
This is a thread I've wanted to make for a very long time, and now I can, because I have holidays :)
anyway, here's the topic:

It would be very nice if every registered reader of this thread could just post his lube's brand, after how many days and solves per day he has to relube his 3x3.
Ex.:

Lubix, 2 months, ~ 50 solves / day

Please don't include much additional information because I intend to create an Excel document with neat diagrams and text, which is quite a bit of work
for me (holidays ^^), and if it turns out good and exact and representative for a large number of cubers, I might create a paragraph in the wiki article about lubrication, if there is positive feedback from the forum, when I post it online. So please don't tell me why xy lube is the best/worst, nor post links of threads about lube. I just found it interesting that while surfing in the forum searching about lubrication, there doesn't seem to be "one" dominant brand existing.

Thx in advance, every post counts ;)

Edit: This "survey" is running for 5 days, I will type in the information posted until Friday evening.

Last edited:

HelpCube

YouTube
Visit Channel
Traxxas, 4 months, really depends but i guess on average 20 solves a day? I'm really not sure though because im easily doing 200-250 solves a day during the break, but do like 10 solves on a school day.
CRC, 6 months-year.
Maru lube, 3 days.

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
Traxxas: about 8 days with ~130 solves per day but that's only because there's so much grey/black junk that builds up in the cube (mostly edges).
CRC Silicone: about 1 month with ~60 solves per day but it's with my A1 so I'm not sure because I haven't touched it since I got my Dayan cubes.