• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Arkwell

Is Jigaloo dead?

Guys, I like an exceptionally slippery cube and I'm partial to Zhanchi's, Guhongs, Lingyun II's. Lubix & Maru dominate lube polls with Traxxis 50cc Differential a close 3rd(What I use) Does that mean that Jigaloo is dead or is there still a use for it especially when it comes to Dayan cubes and if so what?

Olji

Premium Member
WCA
2010JONS01
I got tons of silicone oil, but I usually lube my cubes with CRC still, I like the feel the cube gets from it.

Jigaloo isn't available in my country ;-;

Last edited:

Innocence

I don't use jig-a-loo, never really used it, so I don't know much about it. I do believe, however, that Jig-A-Loo is dead to many people, except maybe to help speed up the breaking in process, as it damages the plastic.

However, I use CRC 808 silicone spray, mainly because I don't have a reason not to. It lasts for quite a while with a 500ml can, and is plastic-safe. This goes to show that just because a lube isn't popular doesn't mean that it isn't useful.

n00bcub3r

I use jigaloo :p. but that's right before modding a cube, because my blade is dull and can't really cut through reg plastic, so i use jigaloo to make it softer

Zarxrax

I still have like half a can of jig-a-loo sitting here, but I would never buy anymore because I feel like it doesnt work as well as the other lubes. Also its kinda messy and harder to apply.

Hays

WCA
2009HAYS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I use Jig-a-loo because it lasts a lot longer than maru lube. I tend to use Jig-a-loo first and then apply maru lube every couple hours or so.

radmin

WCA
2010HARD02
I recommend Jigaloo on the AlphaV, v5, v6, v7
I try other lubes first, then if I'm still unhappy I go with Jigaloo. It's also good for Alpha 1 but I doubt anyone uses those now a days.

Cheese11

WCA
2011KULC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I still have like half a can of jig-a-loo sitting here, but I would never buy anymore because I feel like it doesnt work as well as the other lubes. Also its kinda messy and harder to apply.

Why don't you think it works as well as other lubes?
Personally, I don't think it works well on 3x3's but anything else, amazing.
Jig-a-loo is not even close to messy, if you have the straw, then it applys like a dream.
In some cubes, you don't even need to take a peice out.

zmikecuber

I recently got jigaloo, and I like it alot more than CRC personally. I plan to get shock oil soon though. I dont think that jigaloo is dead, theres just alot of other options that work well too.