• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

aminayuko

i heard that crc makes fumes. my maru lube also has a funny smell, but i can't smell the maru lube in the cube after it is worked in.

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have no idea what this means and I was simply wondering if jigaloo, crc, diff oil, etc. leave bad odors like liquid wrench
Yeah, sorry for the totally ambiguous post.
Stinky lube...sex...smelly lube after sex, ect. You know...oh well ;)

My DaYan 4x4x4 loves shock oil. Shock oil is odor neutral so I'm guessing it's a good all-rounder if you'd rather not have your cubes reek like a used tea bag.

Last edited:

cyoubx

YouTube
Visit Channel
Me and a bunch of other guys found at a competition that if you mix shock oil with maru lube, it make a lube that is better than anything you have ever used in your whole life. We called it...

God in a bottle.

I've got extra of both. What's the approximate concentration ratio?

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Me and a bunch of other guys found at a competition that if you mix shock oil with maru lube, it make a lube that is better than anything you have ever used in your whole life. We called it...

God in a bottle.

Cool...is it easy on the mucomembranous skin sailor boy?

aminayuko

oh, and just to mention, when i was a noob, i used water in my rubik's brand since my mom wouldn't bother to get crc. it makes it smoother, and a little faster.

Andrew Ricci

Anonymity is for Nubs
WCA
2010RICC02
YouTube
Visit Channel
some guys i was hanging out with at captain's cove mixed maru lube with shok oil. it was amazing, they called it god. it works on most cubes except yj

Hmmm. That wasn't posted a page ago at all.

God in a bottle.

fiftyniner

Differential oil - does not make much difference to my loose cubes whether it its 50k or 30k oil.
I have both.

grommuz

Hello, I'm new to speedcubing and speed cubes. I have already bought 2 speedcubes online and I have broken them both. I lubed them with Silicone oil that i found at home. They used to turn very well at the beginning but after some time lubricant wasnt so effectife anymore and i decided to re-lube it. After that my cube is crap. It turns 3x worse then before i re-lubed it. Could it be because of the lubricant? Pieces are not that shiny inside as they should be and they look like worn out or should i say soft? If someone can help me then im waiting forward to it. Thanks~!
EDIT: Oh, and with second cube I took all pieces out, cleaned them with piece of old T-shirt and lubed it with Silicone Spray but the cube still died :(
(If this is not right thread for it then im sorry, I couldnt find another thread like this and i didnt want to start new thread.)

Last edited:

Clayy9

Hello, I'm new to speedcubing and speed cubes. I have already bought 2 speedcubes online and I have broken them both. I lubed them with Silicone oil that i found at home. They used to turn very well at the beginning but after some time lubricant wasnt so effectife anymore and i decided to re-lube it. After that my cube is crap. It turns 3x worse then before i re-lubed it. Could it be because of the lubricant? Pieces are not that shiny inside as they should be and they look like worn out or should i say soft? If someone can help me then im waiting forward to it. Thanks~!
EDIT: Oh, and with second cube I took all pieces out, cleaned them with piece of old T-shirt and lubed it with Silicone Spray but the cube still died :(
(If this is not right thread for it then im sorry, I couldnt find another thread like this and i didnt want to start new thread.)

Could you tell us the brand names of the silicone products? It is, most likely, due to whatever lubricant you used.

grommuz

Could you tell us the brand names of the silicone products? It is, most likely, due to whatever lubricant you used.

Um, the silicon oil has just written "Silikon õli" which translated means "Silicone oil" on the bottle. I didnt pay attention to Spray's brand name and i cant check it out since i dont have it at my place but my country house.