• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nooby-Cuber

Hey! I have a variety of different cubes and I’m looking to get a few different scs lubes that can cover the different things I would want to do with them (speed up, slow down, core, etc) I’m thinking I get the balance bundle (cosmos and comet), along with weight 4/5/6 (whatever is in stock), and lunar (because it seems lunar speeds up cubes better than comet). Would these four mean I would basically be able to cover most feels and tweaks I want to do with my cubes? 2x2-5x5, skewb, pyra, mega

lvcuber

WCA
2019MART21
Hey! I have a variety of different cubes and I’m looking to get a few different scs lubes that can cover the different things I would want to do with them (speed up, slow down, core, etc) I’m thinking I get the balance bundle (cosmos and comet), along with weight 4/5/6 (whatever is in stock), and lunar (because it seems lunar speeds up cubes better than comet). Would these four mean I would basically be able to cover most feels and tweaks I want to do with my cubes? 2x2-5x5, skewb, pyra, mega
I would opt out of getting comet, as it's not very effective in speeding up puzzles and doesn't have a particularly long duration. Cosmos and lunar are essentially opposites, so these two are very effective. Weight 3-8 is effective as core lube, but you probably want weight 5 due to its versatility in core lube and piece lube. Vortex is a good core lube, but it's a bit thicker, so it may take a bit more effort. I think Lunar and weight 5 are the bare minimum for lube, but cosmos and vortex are also good add-ons. (Stardust is also great for big cubes).

Nooby-Cuber

I would opt out of getting comet, as it's not very effective in speeding up puzzles and doesn't have a particularly long duration. Cosmos and lunar are essentially opposites, so these two are very effective. Weight 3-8 is effective as core lube, but you probably want weight 5 due to its versatility in core lube and piece lube. Vortex is a good core lube, but it's a bit thicker, so it may take a bit more effort. I think Lunar and weight 5 are the bare minimum for lube, but cosmos and vortex are also good add-ons. (Stardust is also great for big cubes).
Thank you! I think I'll get Cosmos, Lunar, and Weight 4 because SCS is out of stock on both Weight 5 and 6. As for Stardust, I know it's extremely fast but doesn't it have a very short duration? Thanks for letting me know about Comet!

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank you! I think I'll get Cosmos, Lunar, and Weight 4 because SCS is out of stock on both Weight 5 and 6. As for Stardust, I know it's extremely fast but doesn't it have a very short duration? Thanks for letting me know about Comet!
Well, mixed with another lube like Lunar and it lasts a long time without the speed going down so much.

Nooby-Cuber

Oh yeah! That would be the best lube combo for big cubes, so yes!
Thank you! The tornado v2 m, qiyi ms pyraminx, mgc 2x2, Weight 4, lightspeed bundle (stardust and lunar), and cosmos brings me in at just a couple dollars over free shipping which is what I was aiming for

UncleFrank

Is there a real difference between Weight 5 and Traxxas 50k? Is one thicker than the other? I see a lot of people say they're similar, but then I see other people say one is gummier than the other.

JagLaser

I am looking at getting rs3m 2021. Since itnis maglev, does it need lube? I've looked at silk, dnm 7, mystic, stardust, weight 5, and lunar as possibilities if so. Which would be best? Or, would an rs3m 2020 be better?

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am looking at getting rs3m 2021. Since itnis maglev, does it need lube? I've looked at silk, dnm 7, mystic, stardust, weight 5, and lunar as possibilities if so. Which would be best? Or, would an rs3m 2020 be better?
It still needs lube to keep fast!
Put some lunar and stardust in it, and weight-5 in the tracks. Speed and stable.

Nevan J

WCA
2022JAIN05
YouTube
Visit Channel
so I have been thinking of getting lube since my weight 1 from cubelelo got finished, but I am confused which one should I buy

for 3x3 I main the rs3m 2021, which is a pretty fast cube, so DNM-37 probably won't work, but I also don't want to slow it down a lot, so which lube should I buy for this?

i main the yj mgc 4x4 so which lube is good for this?

i dont really care about what lube in 2x2, but I'm thinking of upgrading to the MGC Elite so idk which lube is the best

Again, I don't want my cubes to get slow, as I'm a person who likes fast cubes. I didn't consider speedcubeshop lubes, but that's because its somewhat unlikely I'll buy from there (because of shipping cost) and cubelelo has cubicle lubes as well, so please help me in what lube I should get for each of these puzzles

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
so I have been thinking of getting lube since my weight 1 from cubelelo got finished, but I am confused which one should I buy

for 3x3 I main the rs3m 2021, which is a pretty fast cube, so DNM-37 probably won't work, but I also don't want to slow it down a lot, so which lube should I buy for this?

i main the yj mgc 4x4 so which lube is good for this?

i dont really care about what lube in 2x2, but I'm thinking of upgrading to the MGC Elite so idk which lube is the best

Again, I don't want my cubes to get slow, as I'm a person who likes fast cubes. I didn't consider speedcubeshop lubes, but that's because its somewhat unlikely I'll buy from there (because of shipping cost) and cubelelo has cubicle lubes as well, so please help me in what lube I should get for each of these puzzles
When in doubt, get Silk.

eyeoh

Isn't it a slow lube?
If you don't overdo it and don't have your tensions too tight, it won't be slow. Silk isn't as thick as Traxxas 10K or 50K, yet I use my RS3 M 2020 with only Traxxas 10/50K even though I have DNM-37 and Silk available as options. I run it quite loose (weakest compression setting with about 1 screw thread exposed as far as tensions go) with only a few drops of Traxxas and the cube still feels looser/faster than many other setups people prefer. I save my bottles of Silk and DNM for bigger cubes.