• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

tungsten

WCA
2017ALDE04
Ahoy,
I lubed my cube with a few drops of stardust form speedcubeshop, and it was turning great for about 5 minutes, but now feels all gummy
I disassembled the cube, wiped all the pieces down, and reassembled it, and the gumminess continues
Could someone tell me why this is occuring?

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
Ahoy,
I lubed my cube with a few drops of stardust form speedcubeshop, and it was turning great for about 5 minutes, but now feels all gummy
I disassembled the cube, wiped all the pieces down, and reassembled it, and the gumminess continues
Could someone tell me why this is occuring?
I think stardust forms a coating on the pieces when it dries, so that would explain it. It's meant to make it last longer but I could see this happening. I don't know how to remove it but maybe you could try something like a cloth with nail varnish on it.

Caden Fisher

WCA
2022FISH12
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey all. All I have right now for lube is some weight 5 and a sample bottle of lubicle speedy from the cubicle. I want to get a new lube with my next order. I have all WCA puzzles except 5x5 up and clock. I want something that would work well for all or most of the puzzles. I know this is pretty general, but any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Eli Apperson

WCA
2022APPE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey all. All I have right now for lube is some weight 5 and a sample bottle of lubicle speedy from the cubicle. I want to get a new lube with my next order. I have all WCA puzzles except 5x5 up and clock. I want something that would work well for all or most of the puzzles. I know this is pretty general, but any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks
Silk would probably be your best bet. Honestly though, getting a Traxxas lube set is all you need.

WCA
2021BRAN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
You might want to buy some DNM-37 as that lasts longer than speedy and is faster than it though silk and a traxxas set will do you fine, like what @Eli Theperson said

pantelinoux

Can I lubricate my GoCube and with what type of lube?

Can I lubricate Gan356 i3?? How?? From which sides??

I have Gan magic lube.

Is it ok for the above cubes?

Am I need other lube??

Last edited:

oneshot

YouTube
Visit Channel
So I’m just an older guy who enjoys cubing, but I don’t practice much or have a desire to get really fast, so I’ve always just used the cubes straight out of the box. I was always afraid to tension or lube them. I finally did, and I know it won’t really make me faster, but I will say it’s more enjoyable to solve like this. Now I have to learn how to lube my 4x4. My only question is when the lube eventually dries out, do you have to do anything special to clean it out before you lube it again?

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
So I’m just an older guy who enjoys cubing, but I don’t practice much or have a desire to get really fast, so I’ve always just used the cubes straight out of the box. I was always afraid to tension or lube them. I finally did, and I know it won’t really make me faster, but I will say it’s more enjoyable to solve like this. Now I have to learn how to lube my 4x4. My only question is when the lube eventually dries out, do you have to do anything special to clean it out before you lube it again?
If you use your cube a lot you may have to disassemble the cube if gunk builds up. But that is a good opportunity to see the mechanism I guess.
Bigger cubes need faster lubes but a thinner lube like traxxas 10k or silk should work fine (mystic you may need to clean out idk)

vankienbach

Guys, I have a RS3M and its corner twists a lot. Also, it happens to lockup a lot.
Which lube to choose?
The lubes that I can choose from are the gan lubes (old and recent), the moyu v1, v2, v3, maru lube, and the x-man tornado lube. (I can choose 2)
Thanks

T

the average speed cuber

I havn't lubed my cube in about 1000-1500 solves should i get some lube (its geting sticky)

edit: its a gan cube should i get gan mastery lube?

BalsaCuber

Mastery lube slows your cube down, accell lube speeds it up, and maintenance lube makes it smooth. Honestly you should get any lube that isn't too expensive.(anything over 3 dollars). the description of a lube product will tell you what it does and where to put it.