• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

rubik2005

I actually found out that SCS lube does not last as long. But, they sell Vortex, Comet and weight lubes that last longer, about as long as Cubicle lubes. They still use up more drops of lube each time though. So, Cubicle lubes win for value. Now, can we talk about performance?
Lube performance?
Sales performance?
Customer service performance?
Shipping performance?
Community engagement/contribution performance?

Edit: I apologize @AlgoCuber @qwr , I didn't really read the title completely.

Last edited:
  • Eyes Up
Reactions: qwr

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I haven't used any SCS lubes, but I really like all Cubicle lubes I've tried: DNM, silk, mystic, angstrom. Especially mystic.

Adding to what I said here: SCS lubes all look like just various silicone weights, and there hasn't been any marketing or youcuber videos to suggest to me otherwise. And if it's just silicone, well I only need one weight type mixed with a watery lube like DNM to get the results I much need.
On the other hand, it's clear that at least among the cubicle lubes i've tried (DNM, silk, mystic, angstrom), they're all very different in purpose and composition.

AlgoCuber

Okay, the thread has been moved. But I heard that the Lubest XMT 10 comes in a 20cc bottle for $3.99, and that it is fast and soft? Reviews say that it is mixture between DNM-37 and Silk, but way cheaper. Also, I heard that the Adheron heavy is a great core lube. There are limited reviews on the Lubest line and the Adheron line, I hope to find more reviews of them in the future!

marvisgud

I am planning to buy 2 lubes from the cubicle lubes series, and im thinking of buying dnm 37 and cubicle labs silk. Shud I get that or mystic and silk or what? Suggestion plsss

Kaiju_cube

I like and use DNM 37 (black) and Speed (red) for making cubes faster, and Silk for when they feel dry and gritty. Silk doesn't make it faster but it does make the turning feel smoother. ... I guess Silk makes it a tiny bit faster since the turning is smoother?

Those are the only 3 I've tried from Cubicle Labs.

I used Maru Lube in the past but I like the Cubicle Labs stuff more.

Speedcubey

Im about to get a valk 3 elite but i dont know what lube works well with it. i could get the angstrom, celeritas or mystic valk, or any other combinatians that are good for this cube. i could also get scs for it or anyother brand. If you can recommend me anything that would be appreciated

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Im about to get a valk 3 elite but i dont know what lube works well with it. i could get the angstrom, celeritas or mystic valk, or any other combinatians that are good for this cube. i could also get scs for it or anyother brand. If you can recommend me anything that would be appreciated
Celeritas is a fantastic lube. The only puzzle I've gotten the celeritas version of is the valk 5, so it might be a sample size thing. However, its far and away my favorite cubicle premium puzzle I ever got so I would recommend getting the Celeritas version, or buying the celeritas lube and lubing it yourself. But if you do that make sure you know how to use the lube properly.

Speedcubey

i probaly will get dnm and silk or something but many people have been telling me to get scs lubes. What are the differences between cubicle and scs lubes?

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyone ever try putting a small amount of lube under GES nuts? I have a GAN 356 M and I'm loving the cube, but on very slow turns there's a small amount of squeakiness, which I guess is due to the bottom of the nut contacting the center piece. My 356 X has a slight clicky sound after each turn, which may be from the nuts or the magnets slightly moving during turns, I'm not sure.

khan45

My GAN 356 X corner-cutting sucks, it can barely do 45 degrees sometimes, but most of the time it is about 30 degrees, can anybody help me? what lubes should I put? I put in my lube and it increased slightly but I don't have any silicone. I want to know which lubes to get for good control and corner-cutting.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
My GAN 356 X corner-cutting sucks, it can barely do 45 degrees sometimes, but most of the time it is about 30 degrees, can anybody help me? what lubes should I put? I put in my lube and it increased slightly but I don't have any silicone. I want to know which lubes to get for good control and corner-cutting.
That would be an issue with the tensions, not the lube. I’d recommend loosening the cube until it can corner-cut the proper amount, then, only if it’s too fast for you, you can buy some lube to slow it down a little bit.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Buy Traxxas, and if you want to splurge a bit get some silk and DNM. Traxxas is technically all you will ever need, but DNM and Silk make speeding the puzzle up much easier.