• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

TheSlykrCubr

This Hellhole We Know As The British Isles
YouTube
Visit Channel
uhh yes they do
Your Body is like Your Car

no windshield on this boi

Itsmafy

If I lube the core to get rid of spring noise how long does the effect last? Also should I use a small amount or a generous amount?

D

Deleted member 54663

If I lube the core to get rid of spring noise how long does the effect last? Also should I use a small amount or a generous amount?
It should last the lifetime of the cube, especially if you use something like black or vortex.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
What are some good solutions for removing lube residue from the outside of cubes? I've tried just plain paper towels, a wet wash cloth and dry dish towels already.

I most Likely had lube residue in my fingers when handling the cubes during magnetizing & a lube job. Any good tricks to get it dry on the outside again?

Spacey10

YouTube
Visit Channel
generally for cleaning plastics or vinyls, windex is pretty gentle. also baking soda for a gentle abrasive for stuff that can be scratched off.
Windex reminds me of the time I took a sip of it thinking it was the blue Caprisun juice.
I've tried Windex on a overlubes Rubik's brand and it works fine.

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
I mean, if you have silicon oil lying around, then you can use that if you’re careful. But you can get some delivered for a couple of bucks maximum. You can also try loosening the screws, but that will only make it a little bit faster, not less dry. And it can also reduce structural integrity of the puzzle and make it more likely to pop.

D

Deleted member 55877

My 2x2 is really dry and a bit slow but I don't have any lube to make it better. Is there anything I can do?

Just get lube lol, that's the whole point of it. Lubes may seem expensive, but they last for a very long time an you only have to put a couple drops.
Personally I recommend Cubicle Labs Silk