• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
D

Deleted member 54663

Wow, I remember i never WD-40, so I lubed my first speedcube with a random bicycle chain lubricant. It smelled, and I practiced with my Rubik's brand back then. That was 5 or 6 months ago, now the cube doesn't smell, is smooth, but has a black residue inside it. And when I used coconut oil, it hardened:(

LNBFilms

In Honours Agebra I (Sucks just like Chem) DND!
WCA
2019BATE05
Wow, I remember i never WD-40, so I lubed my first speedcube with a random bicycle chain lubricant. It smelled, and I practiced with my Rubik's brand back then. That was 5 or 6 months ago, now the cube doesn't smell, is smooth, but has a black residue inside it. And when I used coconut oil, it hardened:(

Oof. That’s not good.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, I'm newbie cuber
I want to ask what is diferent between gan standard lube vs gan magic lube?

Thanks
i think the standard lube is just okay, while the magic is supposed to be better.
However i dont use the gan lubes as i dont really think people like to use it.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
also i have a question should i get the 3cc DNM-37 or higher? Im not sure which one is the optimal amount to get
the choiced are 3cc, 10cc, and 15cc.
The DNM is here: https://www.thecubicle.com/products/dnm-37?_pos=1&_sid=88901c3f8&_ss=r&variant=15136648659017
how many puzzles do you have? when I started I had only a few cubes so I got the 3cc bottle but I like to put DNM in everything so later on as I got more puzzles I ran out. so I recommend the 10cc or 15cc. It's a better deal.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
how many puzzles do you have? when I started I had only a few cubes so I got the 3cc bottle but I like to put DNM in everything so later on as I got more puzzles I ran out. so I recommend the 10cc or 15cc. It's a better deal.
im going to put it in a few puzzles so yea 3cc is fine

Last edited:

jazzmaster

I have gan magic, and it is quite smooth. However, i would not recommend any of these. Get some cubicle lube lol
What cubicle lube do you recomend?
Cause if it's too expensive/premium lube I can't buy it here in Indonesia, there is too much tax.

But in my rubik local shop there is:
  • Maru lube
  • Qiyi v1 & v2 lube
  • Gan standard lube
  • Gan magic lube
  • Dayan lube
  • Moyu v1 & v2 lube
  • And custom made lube 100% silicon (by the local cuber too).
For now I still use my old 100% silicon lube/shock oil, for my very old moyu weilong & moyu rs3m 2020.

Thanks

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Cause if it's too expensive/premium lube I can't buy it here in Indonesia, there is too much tax.

• Maru lube
  • Qiyi v1 & v2 lube
  • Gan standard lube
  • Gan magic lube
  • Dayan lube
  • Moyu v1 & v2 lube
For now I still use my old 100% silicon lube/shock oil, for my very old moyu weilong & moyu rs3m 2020.

Thanks

none of those are that good I think (well at least top solvers don't use them). maru is especially notorious for drying out quickly. It'll speed up your puzzles but after a few solves it'll go back to being slow. I use traxxas 50k for core and for fast or scratchy puzzles, DNM or silk for pieces to setup any cube into a reasonable state. If you only can pick one lube, get DNM as it will speed up any puzzle and that is what all the lubes you listed do. (For scratchy and completely dry puzzles I like to use traxxas to smooth out the feel a lot. My only completely dry puzzles I've had were old ones.)

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel

• Maru lube
  • Qiyi v1 & v2 lube
  • Gan standard lube
  • Gan magic lube
  • Dayan lube
  • Moyu v1 & v2 lube

Thanks
just get the maru and silicon, or if you can afford both just use maru
get like 2 bottles of maru

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I know SCS (and TC maybe) sells scented lube, but I like the smell of silicone sprays and DNM / Maru. Is that weird? Also the smell of gasoline and elevators too. Lube and oil and mechanical things are fun to play with.

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
I know SCS (and TC maybe) sells scented lube, but I like the smell of silicone sprays and DNM / Maru. Is that weird? Also the smell of gasoline and elevators too. Lube and oil and mechanical things are fun to play with.
gasoline and other stuff like that makes me vomit
but you arent weird probably other people are like that

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
excuse me are you composed of a complex engine based on the principles of internal combustion? didn't think so
i mean we are a biological engine afterall. We eat to survive, just like cars need gasoline to survive too. Our engine are the insides of our body, like an engine is under the hood of a car.

but anyway lets not get off topic lol

TheSlykrCubr

This Hellhole We Know As The British Isles
YouTube
Visit Channel
i mean we are a biological engine afterall. We eat to survive, just like cars need gasoline to survive too. Our engine are the insides of our body, like an engine is under the hood of a car.

but anyway lets not get off topic lol

the respiratory, circulation, digestive and reproduction systems do not equate to a car

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
the respiratory, circulation, digestive and reproduction systems do not equate to a car

uhh yes they do
Your Body is like Your Car