• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
I don't know much about diff oil. I have Traxxas 50k, but it just slows down ALL of my cubes. Any tips?
Overlubing it will take a really long time to break in
Then you leave your cube and walk off. You come back 3 hours later to realise that you need to break it in again...

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
I've tried a drop before. The cube reacted the same way.
The Traxxas 50k will slow down the cube for a little bit once you at it to the cube, but after doing 20-50 solves it will/should break in really nicely and speed up, although it will not be as fast as something like the SCS Martian lube, but still really nice. And I say this all with having used Traxxas 50k for a few years now, and have tried different things with it.

lilKriT

Hey, I have a question - is it enough to take a cube apart and wipe it with some cloth / tissues to clean overlubed cube?

Ernest Fowler

WCA
2016FOWL01
The Traxxas 50k will slow down the cube for a little bit once you at it to the cube, but after doing 20-50 solves it will/should break in really nicely and speed up, although it will not be as fast as something like the SCS Martian lube, but still really nice. And I say this all with having used Traxxas 50k for a few years now, and have tried different things with it.
The problem with it is that it never breaks in.

cubeshepherd

WCA
2016STEE01
could someone answer me?
Yes!:)

Personally I think that you are better off with any other lube then Maru. Although Maru can speed up the cube for a bit right after applying it, it only last for so long before more is needed. But with any of the "Modern" lube such as DNM-37, Lubical Black, Martian, Galaxy, and even Traxxas 10-50k, those are all much better then Maru.

Additionally, Although most of the lubes mentioned above are a little more expensive then Maru for the amount in the bottle, they are worth the couple extra dollars, and they last much longer in the cube then Maru, plus you only need a couple of drops of lube in the cube, so even a small bottle will last a while. The only lube lube I think that compares to Maru (in quantity of lube for the price) is the Traxxas lubes. I got a large bottle of the 50k 3 years ago and I still have about half a bottle left, and I say that because the 50k is pretty thick and you only need a very small amount of it in the cube to speed it up, and even with a small amount it will last forever.

Personally now I use the Traxxas for the core and SCS Martian for the pieces most of the time, but for certain cube or if I want a different feeling I will use the Traxxas 50k for the whole cube.

I hope this helps, but please ask more questions as you have them.

ophir

Yes!:)

Personally, I think that you are better off with any other lube then Maru. Although Maru can speed up the cube for a bit right after applying it, it only lasts for so long before more is needed. But with any of the "Modern" lube such as DNM-37, Lubical Black, Martian, Galaxy, and even Traxxas 10-50k, those are all much better than Maru.

Additionally, Although most of the lubes mentioned above are a little more expensive then Maru for the amount in the bottle, they are worth the couple extra dollars, and they last much longer in the cube then Maru, plus you only need a couple of drops of lube in the cube, so even a small bottle will last a while. The only lube I think that compares to Maru (in quantity of lube for the price) is the Traxxas lubes. I got a large bottle of the 50k 3 years ago and I still have about half a bottle left, and I say that because the 50k is pretty thick and you only need a very small amount of it in the cube to speed it up, and even with a small amount, it will last forever.

Personally now I use the Traxxas for the core and SCS Martian for the pieces most of the time, but for certain cube or if I want a different feeling I will use the Traxxas 50k for the whole cube.

I hope this helps, but please ask more questions as you have them.
thank you very much! I have another question: what is better for core- wight 5 or lubicle black?
and is the wight 5 better on the core or pieces? and could someone explain what feel does each of the wight 1-5 gives?
also, if you could I would like you to explain exactly how to use core and piece lubricant?

Duncan Bannon

I prefer lubicle black.

But either will be great.

Weight 5 can be used for both. Chris Olsen (YouTube name is "cyotheking") has a really nice video about lube.

They all have silicone feel. 1 adds speed, weight 2 adds less speed and so on to weight 5. Weight 5 probably won't effect speed too much. (I haven't tried weight 5).

There are several good videos on YouTube about lubing a 3x3. None stick out to be better than another for videos.

I'm tired and have a bad headache, so if I missed something feel free to let me know. Hope it helps!