• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Skewb_Cube

he might have used fingertricks to get faster

But, he's saying that now he's slower. And as I mentioned before, he probably talks about using mostly the 41 algs because people tend to be a bit slower when applying new things. So he just need practice and maybe see the concepts and things I mentioned above, but of course, other people probably have a better answer for this.

D

Deleted member 54663

I usually time each of my inserts, and can insert each in 1-2 seconds, +pauses. I average 15-17, 2 seconds for cross, around 7-8 seconds for f2l, and the rest for last layer(3lll)

AlmogIL

Ok, but first, read before posting because this is a bit confusing to read.

And what do you mean with advanced F2L? Do you mean that you use unsolved slots to pair up pieces, insert pieces from different angles, and have efficient solutions. Or you mean just using algs for F2L?
i mean i use alg
but i still do cube rotations
cuz even if i know the cases i need to rotate to insert sometimes or rotate to empty slot for pair up peaces...

Skewb_Cube

i mean i use alg
but i still do cube rotations
cuz even if i know the cases i need to rotate to insert sometimes or rotate to empty slot for pair up peaces...

It's ok to rotate for that, but not too much, and because I'm not an expert or I don't know how to explain it well, here are some links for videos of more experienced people.

Also check this guide from @Zubin Park: https://www.speedsolving.com/thread...o-beat-sub-x-cfop-giveaway-in-progress.77867/

Vcuber6

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've been struggling to improve at f2l,I average 12-13 seconds on it and I practice slow solves often.Are there any good resources, tips, or techniques for me to use/train with?

D

Deleted member 55877

1. Slow solves are good, but remember: the point of slow solves is to help pratice lookahead and efficiency. With practice you will be able to do F2L sub 10 with slow turning.
2. Make sure you can comfortably solve F2L cases not only on the front right, but also the front left and the back two slots. Most of the time you will just mirror the alg you use for FR slot, but you can also learn other algs to solve into other slots.
3. Look through http://www.speedcubedb.com/a/3x3/F2L to help optimize your standard F2L algs
4. and http://www.speedcubedb.com/a/3x3/AdvancedF2L for advanced F2L algs
5. My final tip probably will be the most helpful. Practice just F2L. On CStimer you can select 3x3 > cross solved, which gives scrambles where the cross is solved. Time your F2L. Practice this just as much as you practice normal solves. I did a similar drill for cross+1 (my weakness) and my cross+1 dropped by an entire second.

I hope this helps, good luck!

D

Deleted member 54663

I need help with my First two layers I can do F2L in 30 seconds how do I make it faster?
Make sure you know all 3 of the intuitive f2l cases and their mirrors. Then, make sure you don't rush the solving and try to learn inserts from different angles so you can reduce rotations. Then, one you can do it in below 20 seconds, try learning algorithms for f2l cases you take too much time on. This should set you up for a while.

Skewb_Cube

Probably the simplest, but maybe not the most satisfying answer is practice, timed solves and untimed solves. I'm pretty sure at that F2L level you don't need to learn new techniques or algs, mostly practice to get things into your muscle memory. (this helped me but it may or may not be the best for others.)

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
How do you all perform the inserts for the following cases at THIS SPECIFIC ANGLE, with green facing you? In all eight of the situations shown the F2L pair is connected and the white sticker is directly above the slot the pair goes into. Let's pretend these aren't all last slot scenarios; I am looking for good/common ways to insert the pair into left and back slots.

Case 1&2 - Front right slot
Case 3&4 - Front left slot
Case 5 &6 - Back left slot
Case 7&8 - Back right slot

Cases 1,3,5,7 can all easily be inserted without rotating. How would you handle the insert for cases 2,4,6,8? Rotations? Hedge at various angles? Something else?

It seems to me there are 2 fundamental cases an F2L pair can be in once connected and having the ability to execute those inserts from all 4 angles would be useful. Thanks,

8 F2L Cases.jpg

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results
How do you all perform the inserts for the following cases at THIS SPECIFIC ANGLE, with green facing you? In all eight of the situations shown the F2L pair is connected and the white sticker is directly above the slot the pair goes into. Let's pretend these aren't all last slot scenarios; I am looking for good/common ways to insert the pair into left and back slots.

Case 1&2 - Front right slot
Case 3&4 - Front left slot
Case 5 &6 - Back left slot
Case 7&8 - Back right slot

Cases 1,3,5,7 can all easily be inserted without rotating. How would you handle the insert for cases 2,4,6,8? Rotations? Hedge at various angles? Something else?

It seems to me there are 2 fundamental cases an F2L pair can be in once connected and having the ability to execute those inserts from all 4 angles would be useful. Thanks,

View attachment 14388
For 2 and 4, I would use U' F' U F and U F U' F' respectively. For 6 and 8, I use U' f' L f and U f R' f'.