• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

MarkA64

Honestly, F2L is all about foreseeing how solving one pair will affect the next. "Pair management". Tracking and preserving pairs.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Ok. Been turning fast in short bursts because my look ahead is bad but I have a 10.25 tps.
Thats faster than feliks zemdegs...

I can have over 10TPS also, if I've completely planned out that pair. The part that's impressive is keeping a speed of 10 TPS throughout the entire solves, since the more you pause the slower TPS your solve will be.

EDIT: To prove my point, I did a really choppy solve and only counted time where I was turning. I averaged just over 11 TPS, although my actual TPS during a normal solve is around 2-3

WCA
2017MORR05
YouTube
Visit Channel
how would you solve this f2l case? Hold yellow top, green front and do the moves R U' R' y' U' L' U L y. How would you solve the white-green-orange f2l pair? I'm looking for somewhat efficient solutions that don't require two rotations

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
how would you solve this f2l case? Hold yellow top, green front and do the moves R U' R' y' U' L' U L y. How would you solve the white-green-orange f2l pair? I'm looking for somewhat efficient solutions that don't require two rotations

y R' U' R U F U F'

F moves aren't illegal, they can be very fast. Also it happens to completely solve that case lol

Wafflecoolguy

I have been cubing for about 1 year now but I cant seem to improve on F2L I have just been practicing so much but I cant seem to get my F2l below 10 seconds. Is there anyway I can improve?

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I have been cubing for about 1 year now but I cant seem to improve on F2L I have just been practicing so much but I cant seem to get my F2l below 10 seconds. Is there anyway I can improve?

Don't focus on TPS. Instead, try focusing on your F2L efficiency. Here's a great article on it: https://www.jaydenmcneillcubing.com/blog/blog-post-one-zm35x

Also, in the future, please remember to search the forums for threads for what you are asking. For example, here's the thread for F2L help: https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/f2l-discussion-and-help.813/

MarkA64

How to solve this green/orange pair in the back left slot (so with blue facing you)? I only know how to do it for back right.

Need an efficient solution.
BLSLOT.jpg

Also, similar case:

blslot2.jpg

MarkA64

Did some labbing and found rotationless algs that I'm happy to share:

1.) 1st case I posted: (U) [F' (L' U' L U)] (L U L')

2.) An entirely different case: (U) (L U' L' U') (L U' L' U) (L U' L')

very finger-tricky and fast.