• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
That's not what I meant. I meant, I've done much practice. But it takes the same amount of time because finding the corners and edges takes too long.

You need to improve your look-ahead, which comes with time. Do slow, untimed solves, finding the most efficient solutions possible to practice F2L techniques.

Recognizing pairs becomes very fast with practice though. You're doing nothing wrong; it just takes practice, most likely more practice than you realize.

unirox13

Might I suggest looking into some other advanced methods of solving. When I first decided to get into real speedsolving and move past the beginner's method of solving that I'd learned with, F2L was a huge ball buster for me. It made me really unmotivated for quite a while. When I discovered Roux, I fell in love with the fluidity and style of the solve. Not only that, but I understood it so much better than I did F2L. I was able to wrap my brain around Roux so quickly. You may want to consider researching a few of the other advanced methods of speedsolving the cube. Who knows, one of them may fit your hands much better than CFOP.

Xxcookid123xX

Plz go and do 100 untimed F2L solves then make the comparison again with beginners method
20 F2L practice results:
68ef9dfd0e7f4e509903ae6dd9a9fbe2.png

WCA
2015PEAR02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't have the time for that, it took me 30 minutes for 20..
That's the whole point of what we're saying. If you want to improve quickly, you need time for it.

How about trying this? 20 minutes of untimed F2L solves every day for at least a week. You should see a much bigger difference after this.

Xxcookid123xX

That's the whole point of what we're saying. If you want to improve quickly, you need time for it.

How about trying this? 20 minutes of untimed F2L solves every day for at least a week. You should see a much bigger difference after this.

I did a few today and I don't know if i got lucky, most pairs made me switch the edge around. Either way, improvement.
a0e441f1baf54896b32ead6321eb8e79.png

Marpesia

My last avg5 of the F2L is 7 seconds.

I want do Sub10 times for everysolve.

What should be my F2L avg and how i can improve my F2L for this.

M

Malkom

your F2L (excluding cross) should be 50% of the entire solve, so sub 5 should be your goal

Aaron Gamith

im new to speedcubing. i saw many speedcubers solve F2L less than 10 seconds..... how do they do that? i take more than 30 seconds to solve F2L...What should i do to improve it

bbrk24

I'm new to doing the middle layer with the corners, and I have proof that there's more than 42 possible states. Three of the four corner-edge pairs has at least one piece in the right layer but wrong spot. The 42 F2L algorithms never cover these. Is it possible for all four to be like this? If so, what do I do?

UPDATE: I ran the F2L algorithm for the state the other pair is in. Because the algorithms preserve the rest of the bottom and middle layers, I can go nowhere.

UPDATE 2: I just did the bottom corners the way I knew how. I didn't put this in the request an alg thread because I didn't know if it was possible

Last edited: