• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Speedy_2233

hi, I was new in cubing...about a month I been cubing...my PB is 37 sec...and I want to get 30 sec average..but my F2L was suck..I really need some help now...I need some algs that can fasten up my F2L...and also some tips

EchecsRex

I would recommend not to use alg f2l. Just improve on your look ahead and find better ways to do cases by just messing around with a certain bad case.

Here is a good way to learn look ahead that I used:

The best thing you can do though is practice 1-2 hours a day constantly. You will just get more comfortable with f2l.

WCA
2014GWIN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi! I average 35 seconds and I want to get faster. I notice that my F2L and my cross takes a lot of time to complete compared to my OLL and PLL. Mainly its my F2L that is slowing me down, is there a video that can teach me on how to get better and faster at F2L? I cant seem to find a decent video.

everclear

hi, im around sub 40 and trying to improve my f2l.

currently, im still in habit of rotations, and stuff like bringing the corner up first before i even look for its side piece. when i slow down and try to identify the pairs and case first, well it's confusing and slow. so, anyone know of specific exercises to improve f2l pairing? do you just learn each case one by one?

MoyuFTW

WCA
2015LEEA05
Mainly just practice. Or finding more efficient methods if you feel like yours is slow. What's slowing you down mostly though? TPS, too many moves for F2Ls or just bad lookahead?

Jakester5112

WCA
2016BLOC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,
I have trouble finding f2l pieces that are hidden in the brd and bld corners. Even if I'm going slow turning, I still can't see them fast enough.
Any exercises I can do to see those pieces?

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi,
I have trouble finding f2l pieces that are hidden in the brd and bld corners. Even if I'm going slow turning, I still can't see them fast enough.
Any exercises I can do to see those pieces?

Other than just practise I don't think there are any.

Tbh, you shouldn't really have any pieces in BRD and BLD that you are trying to solve as you only really need to focus on the pieces in the U,R and F faces when doing lookahead.

hi, im around sub 40 and trying to improve my f2l.

currently, im still in habit of rotations, and stuff like bringing the corner up first before i even look for its side piece. when i slow down and try to identify the pairs and case first, well it's confusing and slow. so, anyone know of specific exercises to improve f2l pairing? do you just learn each case one by one?

You learn to build pair intuitively first in general though you can learn algs for the more awkward cases later.

For the practise, build a cross then have unlimited inspection to try and plan 1 pair completely then close your eyes and solve. Repeat for the next pair and so on.

Eventually, if you feel up to it try to do 2 pairs BLD or just as many as you can. You could also try cross BLD then cross+1 pair etc. This will help with your lookahead and should also help with knowledge of the cube.

everclear

You learn to build pair intuitively first in general though you can learn algs for the more awkward cases later.

For the practise, build a cross then have unlimited inspection to try and plan 1 pair completely then close your eyes and solve. Repeat for the next pair and so on.

Eventually, if you feel up to it try to do 2 pairs BLD or just as many as you can. You could also try cross BLD then cross+1 pair etc. This will help with your lookahead and should also help with knowledge of the cube.

thanks man. i had actually come to this style of practicing on my own before, but when i mess up an insert i could hardly get the cube back to where it was, to try again. but, it still seems the best way to go, and ill keep doing it.

is there a list somewhere of the high occurring cases, and how to set them up?

Renox

So I currently average about 18 seconds, and in the last 1-2 months I've only progressed by about a second,(by learning full pll). I pretty much do cross in 3 seconds and f2l+cross in 9-13 seconds, which leaves my LL to take up the remaining 5~ seconds. I'm not sure what to improve. Any suggestions?

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
So I currently average about 18 seconds, and in the last 1-2 months I've only progressed by about a second,(by learning full pll). I pretty much do cross in 3 seconds and f2l+cross in 9-13 seconds, which leaves my LL to take up the remaining 5~ seconds. I'm not sure what to improve. Any suggestions?
With those splits I'd concentrate in cross + F2L, your LL looks more than fine. But I'm a bit slower than you so take my advice with a grain of salt.

everclear

couple questions

during f2l, do fast solvers keep track of which slot is solved, like, retain the knowledge with each insertion for the rest of f2l, or do they just forget about it once it's in, and then peek at what's open for the next pair?

also, is it better to put both pieces in position first, then perform one set of moves for slotting? or should you do it on the fly as you find the pieces? im always doing the latter, like using only half of the known alg, and then figuring out a corrected insertion method once they're connected. but usually this feels like a two part process that takes up a chunk of my time.

a lot of my f2l consists of U moves and looking for open slots. trying to get passed this hump.

shadowslice e

YouTube
Visit Channel
couple questions

during f2l, do fast solvers keep track of which slot is solved, like, retain the knowledge with each insertion for the rest of f2l, or do they just forget about it once it's in, and then peek at what's open for the next pair?

also, is it better to put both pieces in position first, then perform one set of moves for slotting? or should you do it on the fly as you find the pieces? im always doing the latter, like using only half of the known alg, and then figuring out a corrected insertion method once they're connected. but usually this feels like a two part process that takes up a chunk of my time.

a lot of my f2l consists of U moves and looking for open slots. trying to get passed this hump.

I average ~15 with CFOP and it isn't my main method so you may want to take my advice with a pinch of salt.

When you do F2L, You don't really need to keep track of which slots you have solved and which you haven't. You only need to know which pair you are solving next and which slot that pair can go in as well as when you have done all 4 pairs (ie when you have finished F2L) as you should be partially trying to predict the OLL when doing the final pair. (well, I suppose that to some extent you do "know" what slots are full but it's not something you really need to remember becuase the pair will always be in a new slot).

When it comes to multislotting, with a few exceptions it should be intuitive most of the time and you shouldn't really need to do lots of setup moves to influence the second pair. In general, you should be able to work our the insertion needed while pairing up the pair (or even before then ideally) but if you haven't then just do a standard insertion (or whatever first comes to mind) in a speedsolve at least- for slow turning you should always try to get the multislotting as best you can.

Prohit Sil

I know to solve a 3×3 bt I don't know how to become a speedcuber...I tried the CFOP method bt can any one help me with the F2L