• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Sherwood

Holy cow my LL must suck.

Edit: It's not my LL, I just realized how slow I am at the cross. I averaged 22 seconds if I just started solving after the cross. So an 8 second cross I guess?

gamemeister27

Edit: It's not my LL, I just realized how slow I am at the cross. I averaged 22 seconds if I just started solving after the cross. So an 8 second cross I guess?

Try solving it Blindfolded for a while, it will improve it, and you will be able to look for your first pair while doing it in the future.

Sherwood

Oh thanks I'll try doing it blindfolded. And Anthony I do 2 look OLL and I'm learning PLL (about 10 algorithms left)

Sherwood

Oh lol I didn't know it included cross. I actually average about 12 with f2l (not including cross) so I guess that doesn't count. But I'm currently working on cross. Thanks for your help :)

irontwig

WCA
2010JERN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Badmephisto's videos+Macky's famous line=Fast F2L

who is macky, and what is his famous line?

@original thread prompt:

just practice. no additional learning is necessary at this point.

IamWEB answered the "what is his famous line" part, but Macky is actually Shotaro Makisumi (hope I spelled that right), and he is a speedcuber who used to have the WR average. His website is cubefreak.net

I think it's worth to add he was first to be sub-15, both officially and un-officially.

dada222

Do average of 5 everyday and like others guy say "SLOW DOWN AND LOOKAHEADEAD''

Obviously, not one per day. 10 would be more like it.

The thread is old and I believe the OP doesn't need an answer anymore, but for the record, when you average 55 seconds, you definitely shouldn't worry about looking ahead. Turning speed is all that matters at this point.

riffz

WCA
2009HOLT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Contrary to what some believe, I don't think learning 2-look OLL or PLL is a bad idea at this stage.

Check out badmephisto and watch his videos on 2-look OLL and 2-look PLL. As for getting faster at f2l, just practice, practice, practice, look ahead, practice, practice.

shredhead

is there anyone who has created the f2l as clean as the one rubiks official site explaining the basic method...of course rubiks method is beginner but the way it looks and illustration are the best i have ever seen...there are so many crappy f2l pages...maybe someday i'll make a actual clean and easy to 'see' f2l as rubiks...if i ever figure f2l out..heheh

bigbee99

WCA
2010ZHAO19
YouTube
Visit Channel
is there anyone who has created the f2l as clean as the one rubiks official site explaining the basic method...of course rubiks method is beginner but the way it looks and illustration are the best i have ever seen...there are so many crappy f2l pages...maybe someday i'll make a actual clean and easy to 'see' f2l as rubiks...if i ever figure f2l out..heheh

ummm, you just bumped a 2-year old thread. As for a F2L tutorial, take a look at badmephisto's F2L video.

da25centz

WCA
2010MEYE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ummm, you just bumped a 2-year old thread. As for a F2L tutorial, take a look at badmephisto's F2L video.

this. badmephistos vid is easily the best f2l tutorial i have ever seen. also, his website has a decent explanation in text along with all of the algs if you were to learn alg based f2l, which is not reccommended