• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

martinba314

I'm probably not the first to discover this, but given that the full bar is facing you, if you do the move that swaps B with the buffer in OP corners, it solves the Ja permutation case.

The algorithm is: R D' (modified Y-perm) D R'

What do you guys think? Should I stick with this algorithm (considering I've already gotten used to it through OP), or learn the main Ja perm algorithm?

Llewelys

That alg is 19 HTM, which is a lot considering there are much shorter algs:

With the bar on the left:
x' (R2' F R F') R U2' r' U r U2' [10 HTM]

With the bar on the back:
(R' U L') U2 (R U' R' U2) (L R U') [11 HTM]

With the bar on the right:
(L' U' L) F (L' U' L U) L F' L2 U L U [14 HTM]

I use the first one which is fingertricks friendly and you can do the R2' while rotating so the rotation doesn't cost any time :)

Edit: I put the last one there because it's easy to remember since it's the mirror of the Jb perm, but I don't actually recommend it unless you use your left hand for every pll. It's not a good idea to mirror pll algs for regrips reasons

Last edited:

Llewelys

I used to use this one as well

I guess it's all a matter of personal preference and at the end of the day we cube for fun so we should do what's most fun for us ;)

GAN 356 X

I'm not entirely sure if this algorithm exists, but I managed to come up with it when is was messing round on my cube. its mostly intuitive, although I don't use it because it't quite hard to execute easily. this is it: R2 S2 R2 U' R2 S2 R2 U.
please tell me if it already exists or not.

xyzzy

OLL 55 (the case with three bars) with diag CP for 4×4×4: z' U r' U2 r U' L2 U r' U2 r U' z

Essentially just the standard alg F U' R2 D R' U2 R D' R2 U F' modified to be 3-gen because those D moves are annoying on big cubes. You could use this on 6×6×6 too, but I don't know whether it's better than the standard alg (or just doing another OLL(CP) alg altogether, or doing fruruf into pi 2GLL).

Last edited:

asacuber

WCA
2015SANT44
YouTube
Visit Channel
OLL 55 (the case with three bars) with diag CP for 4×4×4: z' U r' U2 r U' L2 U r' U2 r U' z

Essentially just the standard alg F U' R2 D R' U2 R D' R2 U F' modified to be 3-gen because those D moves are annoying on big cubes. You could use this on 6×6×6 too, but I don't know whether it's better than the standard alg (or just doing another OLL(CP) alg altogether, or doing fruruf into pi 2GLL).
(R U R' F')*3 (L' U' L F)*3 gang

WCA
2019RASO03
YouTube
Visit Channel
R' F R U R U' R' F' U R U R' U R2 D R' U' R D' R2

I discovered this Nb-perm a couple months ago. Be sure to let me know if you like it, if I unknowingly stole it, etc. I find it works well, and my first sub-10 had this N-perm. The transition from R-U-F to R-U-D is actually quite seamless for me, just make sure you do the D/D' moves with your left hand.

Be sure to let me know what you think.

T

Tavin25

Hey, guys, I have recently been saying I will make a pdf of all the 57 different OLL cases. Well, guess what I have! It will be showing you guys advance algs for all 57 OLL cases. I hope you like it and feel free to say something if anything is wrong. Hope you enjoy!!!

Attachments

• Advance OLL.pdf
    159.2 KB · Views: 65

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
Hey, guys, I have recently been saying I will make a pdf of all the 57 different OLL cases. Well, guess what I have! It will be showing you guys advance algs for all 57 OLL cases. I hope you like it and feel free to say something if anything is wrong. Hope you enjoy!!!
Thanks for sharing. What do you mean by "Advanced OLL algs"?

Also, have you added these to the wiki?
https://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/OLL

T

Tavin25

Well, I mean that they are the algs professional's use and that with less moves you can finish OLL.

T

Tavin25

Thanks but the only reason I posted this was because I thought people might want to learn them.

TheCube4226

WCA
2018SEGA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I came up with an 11 move Jb perm. It's probably marginally slower than the normal one and it's one more move than the optimal one with R U L gen but it goes like this (r' F R F') (r U2 R' U) (R U2 R'). The way it works is you start with a sledgehammer except the first R' is a wide move. Then you do a wide r to fix your middle slice which moves the affected pair to the back. If you just insert the pair immediately with U R', you end up with a sune so if you just cancel directly into the sune with U2 R' U R U2 R' then BOOM J perm. Never seen this anywhere before so I thought it was cool.

KAINOS

This actually looks pretty decent :O Might not be better than the standard alg by its own but if you do this from AUF-less angle it should be good because you save 3 moves (considering AUF)