• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
I know @TheCubingCuber347 was genning them, idk if he ever finished. He's been inactive for quite a while though 😞
I might gen them at some point, there's no harm in it, especially with the batch solver.

Huh I like that alg better than the one in the best 2x2 alg doc, the one that Timona sent has a small regrip between R U R' U and the sledge
Oops double post, can't edit and add quotes sadly.
Timona sent a 12 move alg, nigel's is 13. Also, the regrip you described should be soft, as the left hand does the U turn, which means it will be better than doing an extra move.

mk8

so ive recently gotten into 2bld with jperm's tutorial and he uses LBU as buffer and DFR as the swapping location (swapping alg is R U' R' U' R U R' F' R U R' U' R' F R)
i wondered if there is an RUF gen alg that swaps DBL and UFR (maybe different stickers, but those 2 pieces), so that all setup moves (and therefore the entire solve) could be just RUF

all help appreciated
thanks

EDIT: im such a fricking dumbass i wanted to swap DBL and UFR with only RUF moves LMFAO. still, an alg to swap those two (maybe RUD, RFD or RUFD gen) would be nice
i still cant believe i asked this question forgive me lol
EDIT2: ok so ive asked elsewhere and found multiple algs. the ones with the lowest movecount are LUF gen and the ones with the best MCC rating are RUD gen, which is also pretty nice. the alg with the best MCC (12.6) is D' R' D R2 U' R D' R' U D R2 (11 HTM). there are multiple 10 HTM algs, the one with the best MCC (13.3) is U L U' L2 U F' L F U2 L2. ive tried these and multiple other algs in actual solves but have realised its probably better to have the buffer in the U layer for easier lookahead/memorization (turning the cube around and upside down at the start of every single solve is kinda awkward)
so my problem is basically solved, ima keep this post for someone else looking into 2BLD or something idk

Last edited:
Is there an alg to rotate centers by 180° that only uses double moves?
I've been playing around with my Mastermorphix, and since it's a 3x3 shapemod, I tried to do a double move only scramble and solve, like I usually do with my cube when I'm bored. The problem comes with orientating centers, as I haven't managed to find an alg that can rotate them and that uses only double moves. Could someone help me?

Nevan J

WCA
2022JAIN05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Which is the best Rb Perm alg? I know these 3... please help me know which one is the least riskiest + fastest:

1) R2 F R U R U' R' F' R U2 R' U2 R (The one which i use rn)
2) R' U2 R' D' R U' R' D R U R U' R' U' R
3) R' U2 R U2 R' F R U R' U' R' F' R2 (I think this one might be better than both of the above because i lock up on this the least)

IsThatA4x4

WCA
2022RITC01
It really depends on personal preference, what's riskier for some people is super consistent for others.
I would say in general, RUD algs are slightly riskier than RUF algs.
All 3 algs have potential to be the fastest.
Basically, choose what you can do most consistently, but keep in mind that sometimes consistency with a certain alg comes with practice (e.g RUS U perms)

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
Which is the best Rb Perm alg? I know these 3... please help me know which one is the least riskiest + fastest:

1) R2 F R U R U' R' F' R U2 R' U2 R (The one which i use rn)
2) R' U2 R' D' R U' R' D R U R U' R' U' R
3) R' U2 R U2 R' F R U R' U' R' F' R2 (I think this one might be better than both of the above because i lock up on this the least)
Out of those, I prefer #2 the most. It's the most consistent. They are all good.

Nevan J

WCA
2022JAIN05
YouTube
Visit Channel
It really depends on personal preference, what's riskier for some people is super consistent for others.
I would say in general, RUD algs are slightly riskier than RUF algs.
All 3 algs have potential to be the fastest.
Basically, choose what you can do most consistently, but keep in mind that sometimes consistency with a certain alg comes with practice (e.g RUS U perms)
Thanks! with a bit of practice, i think the second one (RUF) might become my main alg

Last edited: