• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

bulkocuber

I am learning full-PLL and can you guys recommend a good Nb Perm alg? Thanks!
This is probably the best one:

r' D' F r U' r' F' D r2 U r' U' r' F r F'

Tip for learning it:
in the first half (before the r2) notice that D and F change their order (I don't know if it's actually useful) and in the second half you can see that it's just sexy move and sledgehammer but with wide Rs (this should be more useful).

Here are the fingertricks:

The F2L "trick" I learned from this alg:
If you execute just the second half of the alg (r U r' U' r' F r F') on the cube, you can see that it takes out an F2L edge (FL) and if you put that edge on the top left and do the alg again, you solve that case. So you have a free f2l alg, pretty fast and preserves EO. You can also mirror it to solve the mirror case (where the edge must go in FR): in this case you execute a lefty sexy move and a lefty sledge with wide L moves, or even better, you do R moves instead of wide L so that look ahead is better, the alg then becomes: R' F' R U R U' R' F
And the OLL skip case is very easy to recognise.

And if you really like this alg, you can use the mirror for Na:
R F U' R' U R U F' R2' F' R U R U' R' F
(The fingertricks are the same. It might seem a different alg at first, but that's just because the wide L moves are converted into Rs)

Last edited:

Theoruff

I use the 2nd one because you can use a nice finger trick by using your left ring finger for both D moves

WCA
2021BRAN02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello, I need help with my ortega algs where you have oriented the top and bottom faces and the front layer is solved. I currently use R2 U' B2 U2 R2 U' R2. However, I am wondering if a square-1 algorithm that solves this case would be better with fingertricks: R2 U R2 U' D' R2 D R2. Please help me decide on a better alg or any other algs are greatly appreciated.

Shrek

Ik nobody requested this but here's the j perm I use:

x' L F L' R U R' U2 R U2 R' U2 R U' R' U f R U R' U' f' R U2 R2 U' R2 U' R2 U2 R U R' U' F' R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' U R U

I need a better rotation less ab perm, because I'm so bad at doing fast rotations, here is my ab perm now U' l U' R D2 R' U R D2 R2, please add your finger tricks you use as well