• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
keep RY edge in front of you and do this alg: (M' U' M U' M' U' M U' M' U' M)
You should refer to OLL algsheets or ask someone in a request an alg thread instead of making a new thread.
this alg is sooooo simple but you should learn the standard one which is (r U R' U' M U R U' R')

WoowyBaby

WCA
2018ISOM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Which WV cases are worth it?
Just the easy and short ones:

(do the inverse to see what cases these solve)
R U' R'
R U2 R'
R U R' U' R U' R'
L' U R U' R' L
R' F R U R U' R' F'

I'd just recommend these, many WV cases are too long to be worth it.
(If you know full ZBLL, then don't use any WV at all!)

danielscottf

What is the best algs for all 4 G-perms. I currently use the ones which utilize u and u' moves and can't find a good finger trick for them.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
What is the best algs for all 4 G-perms. I currently use the ones which utilize u and u' moves and can't find a good finger trick for them.

The wide move algs are definitely fading, here are the best imo:

Ga: R2 U R' U R' U' R U' R2 D U' R' U R D'
Gb: R' U' R U D' R2 U R' U R U' R U' R2 D
Gc: R2 U' R U' R U R' U R2 D' U R U' R' D
Gd: R U R' U' D R2 U' R U' R' U R' U R2 D'

All are held with the headlights on the left, which makes for easy recognition. Check out J Perm's video on G-Perms, as well as Brody's. They show the best fingertricks; some of the algs seem really bad without proper fingertricks. You also may have to watch both to find fingertricks for all 4 algs, iirc one of them uses a different alg for one of the cases

Solvador Cubi

Is there a short 2x2 alg like this one to swap UFR <--> DBL while keeping all other corners in place?
L U L' B2 L B' L U L2 B2

but with (mostly) R U and F instead of L U and B?

thanks,
-= Solvador Cubi

Last edited:

cubesolver

Could anyone generate the algs for building the last f2l pair of tripod? Doesn't need to include mirrors because I can create them as I go. thanks.

cubesolver

If optimal takes multiple looks, then optimal algs probably won't have good recognition.

Optimal doesn't take multiple looks. The Frifri method is not always optimal. The Frifri method is intuitive. If someone can generate algs for it, then it will take only 1 look. Recognition is almost the same as a F2L case.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there a short 2x2 alg like this one to swap UFR <--> DBL while keeping all other corners in place?
L U L' B2 L B' L U L2 B2

but with (mostly) R U and F instead of L U and B?

thanks,
-= Solvador Cubi
Can't you just mirror the alg to make it RUB and then do an x? Mirror the alg to be RUB and then do an x and make the R moves F and the B moves R?

Solvador Cubi

Can't you just mirror the alg to make it RUB and then do an x? Mirror the alg to be RUB and then do an x and make the R moves F and the B moves R?

Why yes, I can :)

L U L' B2 L B' L U L2 B2
R’ U’ R B2 R’ B R’ U’ R2 B2
F’ U’ F R2 F’ R F’ U’ F2 R2

(duh)

Thanks!