• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
WCA
2017BRYA06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just learn the one with D moves, if you are having trouble it is good to practice your D moves because they are used in a lot of algs and cross, and can even pop up in F2L. However if you really want an alg without D moves, you can look into the COLL algs for that case because some of those algs don’t have D moves

Skewb_Cube

You should start getting used to do D moves, because lots of algs from either OLL or PLL have D moves, which those D moves are part from lots of the standard algs. For example, there's the E perm, G perms, Ra perm, A perms, etc. And also when doing the cross, lots of times people use D moves.

Edit: And also don't make a whole new thread for just asking for 1 algorithm of 2 Look OLL. You can easily do some research through the forums, jperm.net, cubeskills.com, etc, to avoid doing a new thread.

Last edited:
YouTube
Visit Channel
If you put a prime on the R2, why not on the U2s? Clearly double flicking that with the left hand is way better than the right.

For the OP: Really just learn the one with D moves, it's an important skill to learn
Yes. I was kind of in a rush when I wrote this though, so I didn't bother with the U2's.

GenTheThief

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
<insert mandatory "You should use the RUD algs because they are the actual best and 0 competent people disagree.">

alternatives:
sune+backsune is nice
R U R' U R' U2 R2 U R2 U R2 U' R' and it's F/B mirror is also pretty okay but IMO it requires eidos to be good
R U R' U' R U' R' U2 R U' R' U2 R U R' is okay too

and for pure U (which is not the same as a U OCLL), I like:
antisune U2 backantisune is probably best
R U2(') R U2' R' U' R U' R' U2 R' U2' R U R' is something I found that I like
the first U2(') depends on if you regrip right thumb to D. For me, that feels faster as a raw execution of the alg, but it also requires a regrip.

<insert mandatory "These are good algs for the 2GLL cases that they solve but they absolutely pale in comparison to the RUD alg. Just learn D moves.">

xyzzy

can someone tell me a short v perm alg thanks :)
The shortest is 14 moves. You can't get any shorter than that.

The R' U R' d' alg (which used to be the standard alg) is exactly 14 moves. The RUD algs that seem more popular these days are a bit longer (16 moves).

trangium

WCA
2019TRAN10
The best one is: R U' R U R' D R D' R (U' D) R2 U R2 D' R2 (16 HTM, 19 QTM)
Another one that no one really knows but is pretty good is R (U D') R U' R U R' (U' D) R D' R D R2' U R' (17 HTM, 18 QTM)

ep2

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find it. I have this OLL case: F' (r U R' U') r' F R

But, everything is permuted, so the two unoriented corners are just twisted. What's the alg to orientate them to give a PLL skip.