• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Brest

Super Reconstructor
Staff member
YouTube
BrestCubing
I noticed that there is no wiki page for single flipped edge parity algorithms on 5x5. I just started solving 5x5 so I'd like to pick one that feels good to me. I've seen at least three different ones so far, one of which didn't have B moves but I forget where I saw that. I'm not interested in learning full last two edges right now but I can't find that parity alg.

Can we collect 5x5 one flipped edge parity algs in this thread?

Great idea!

This is the algorithm I use for 5x5 edge parity. It doesn't use B moves, but it does have one x rotation. It's basically the same as the 4x4 OLL parity algorithm. Is it similar/identical to the one you were thinking of?

Rw U2 x Rw U2 Rw U2' Rw' U2 Lw U2 3Rw' U2' Rw U2 Rw' U2' Rw'

WCA
2018LINW02
Great idea!

This is the algorithm I use for 5x5 edge parity. It doesn't use B moves, but it does have one x rotation. It's basically the same as the 4x4 OLL parity algorithm. Is it similar/identical to the one you were thinking of?

Rw U2 x Rw U2 Rw U2' Rw' U2 Lw U2 3Rw' U2' Rw U2 Rw' U2' Rw'
I use that one too. I believe it's called Lucas Parity.

Good N Perms? (from the "side" and "normal")
I'm currently learning the N Perms as well! Here are the algorithms I'm using. They're definitely good ones, because they're the same ones Feliks uses.

Na Perm – left image: (R U R' U) (R U R' F') (R U R' U') (R' F R2 U') R' U2 (R U' R')
Nb Perm – right image: (R' U R U') (R' F' U' F) (R U R' F) R' F' (R U' R)

Na Perm.png Nb Perm.png
Hope this helps!

Images created using Conrad Rider's VisualCube

While working on my Last Layer I am orienting and permuting the edges first, then the corners. For the corners I am using U R U’ L’ U R’ U’ L but it feels clunky and slow. I’m looking for a smoother, more intuitive algorithm alternative.

YouTube
filipemtx
Last edited:
you can use 4LLL, which is:

1. edge orientation
  2. corner orientation
  3. corner permutation
  4. edge permutation

there are more algs than what you're currently using but you can use the first alg of each category several times
http://filipeteixeira.com.br/cubehelper/ (the page is in brazillian portuguese but it's self-explanatory)

for corner orientation this is the way to do it:
https://www.speedsolving.com/threads/how-to-solve-corner-orientation-with-sune-and-antisune.47991/
While that was helpful, if I solve the edges first, then using sune/anti-sune to solve the corners destroys the solved edges. So far what has worked well for me is to use F R U R’ U’ F’ to get my top cross, then use Sune to solve the edges. I’m looking for a better alg to move the corners without changing the edges.