• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

pyrapyravince

Lets say you dont want to learn all of the plls. You probably already know the u perms, h perm, and z perm, from beginner method. Then you need to learn the l perm and the j perm, and both a perms. Ok, lets start reducing!

T perm: J perm + Reverse U perm
F perm: U perm + L perm
Y perm: U + J perm + U + L perm
All 4 g perms: Figure it out with a perms and u perms Do 2 look. Its faster than what i had thought of.

I'll keep this updated.

Last edited:

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just learn full PLL.

Also T perm is a cyclic shift of J perm. Move the last four moves of the jb perm to the front.

If you really don't want to learn pll. Just learn 2 algs. One A perm and one U perm. PLL is really easy to learn. Algs get easier the more you learn too.

Also the current standard F perm is R' U' F' into a t perm anyway.

On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
A new 2 look LSLL Method:

(Considering that the LS corner is solved)
step 1: CLL(42 algs, half of which can be transferred from/to 2x2)
step 2: L5E cycling FR(technically 162 but most of them can be solved by using 1 or 2 3 style comms or 1 5 style comm and the rest of them are either flips or 2e2e so it comes down to 40-50)
Total algcount: 82-92(if you use 2 3 style comms for the 5 cycles) to 208.

Pros:
Low algcount for 2 look LSLL
Easy recog

Cons:
Risky algs
Corner needs to be solved in LS for this to work.

Another variant:
L5C>L5E (basically M-CELL from the the side)

Is this already proposed? If so pls update.

RedstoneTim

YouTube
Visit Channel
A new 2 look LSLL Method:

(Considering that the LS corner is solved)
step 1: CLL(42 algs, half of which can be transferred from/to 2x2)
step 2: L5E cycling FR(technically 162 but most of them can be solved by using 1 or 2 3 style comms or 1 5 style comm and the rest of them are either flips or 2e2e so it comes down to 40-50)
Total algcount: 82-92(if you use 2 3 style comms for the 5 cycles) to 208.

Pros:
Low algcount for 2 look LSLL
Easy recog

Cons:
Risky algs
Corner needs to be solved in LS for this to work.

Another variant:
L5C>L5E (basically M-CELL from the the side)

Is this already proposed? If so pls update.
As far as I know, this already exists. It's called Zipper-b and actually has a couple users.

zed zed

4x4 roux method
1.Opposite centers
2.FB and SB
3.last 4 centers
4.Edge pairing(using commutators to pair edges or you can also just use algs)
5.3x3 stage

won't it be better to pair edges using a free slot instead of commutators? you can use the fr slot to pair edges, and then simply put it back as paired edges aren't disturbed during edge pairing.

carcass

WCA
2018HANC03
With all of you talking about a new 2 look LSLL method, I tried to make one myself. I apologize if this has already been done, but it is rather obscure so it should be original. I am also pretty confident about the algorithm count.
Orient All: 323 algorithms
Permute All: 453 algorithms
Total: 776 algorithms(less than ZB)
For OA, many of the algs have already been generated.173 of the OLLs + TOLS, 16 non OCLL 5CO cases, 54 OLS FE, and surely a few VLS algorithms may be of usage. This leaves a mere 80 OA algs to be generated.
For PA, there is TTLL and PLL. Unless there are some algorithms I am unaware of, this leaves a total of 360 algorithms.
In total, that is 440 algorithms to be generated.
The average CFOP user already know the 78 OLLs and PLLs, so that 698 algs to be learnt. Not a lot less, but a formidable head start.

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
The main problem with that is that the permute all algs wiill be bad, especially the diag ones. For example, TTLL algs aren't really all that super good, same with edge+PLL (WLL). I thought of doinig a similar thing for ZZ, but decided to stop developing it pretty early for this exact reason.

Cuber Mao

hey guys,I have known a method called EOM.It proposed by a chinese cuber in 2019.
this method mixed ROUX and ZZ.
1 EO,and put the UR UL(or UF UB)eages into DF DB.
2 zzf2l
3 coll
4 solve last 6 eages just like ROUX
in the first step you have 2 choices.or you can do eoline and use ZZ to solve .so you have 3 choices.
ps:
I am only an 8th grade student in China, so there may be grammar and spelling errors.

Petrus_EW

Hola amigos de Speedolving !!!
He ido resolviendo el 3 × 3 × 3 con Petrus, y creo que encontré una variante de reducciones en este método (también se puede aplicar a ZZ o Heise).
Consiste en realizar los mismos pasos de Petrus a EO, a partir de aquí se debe insertar el par BR, antes de insertar el último par F2L, debemos colocar dos bordes opuestos en línea (por ejemplo verde / azul), realizando este movimiento, reduzco los algoritmos LPEPLL a 2 casos, uno de ellos con tres aristas bien permutadas y el otro con dos aristas bien permutadas, para estos casos existen dos algoritmos que sirven para insertar el F2L y permutar todas las aristas. Luego utilizo algoritmos OLC para mantener los bordes bien permutados y finalmente tengo PLL reducido a 4 casos (Aa / b, E, H).
Creo que es la variante 2LLL con menos algoritmos (2 casos LPEPLL, 7 algoritmos OLC y 4 algoritmos PLL = 13 algoritmos)
No sé si alguien ya ha pensado en esta variante, no la vi por ningún lado.
Si es así, me gustaría tener sugerencias para el nombre de esta variante, por ahora digo Petrus - EW.
Déjame saber en tus comentarios si esta variante ya existe, creo que no.
PD: Perdón por mi inglés