• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just in general on your website, it looks good but there are definitely a lot better PLL algs out there. Check these ones out. In terms of PLL recognition, that's already a commonly used thing but your OLL 1SR would definitely be useful for someone trying to seriously optimise their LL. The 4x4 yau thing isn't very clear, but from the dates on the website I can tell that your native language isn't English and is probably Dutch. From what I can gather though, it's just influencing the edges so that when you solve the centres you skip the edge pairing step, which would definitely be a useful trick in some cases.

Alexander

WCA
2005OOMS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The pll is what i User for HL in the left recogintion is like 2sr nut less to learn. I dont have to think wherre the HL in the left while doping auf

for the build center and edges together is my method and extensions to Yau. The (rR)2 can also en just with r2.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Im honestly considering using petrus for OH

Please note it will be very hard to use different methods for OH and TH, although at least it's not like Roux and CFOP where it's totally different

I think my biggest problem is I only know like 20 olls and that is magnified in my OH solves.

What?

@PetrusQuber you got a copy of EO for dummies?

Best resource to learn EO right now is Lars' website: https://lar5.com/cube/fas3.html

(*cough cough* Silgo *cough cough* Porquipine *cough cough* hurry up *cough cough*)

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Please note it will be very hard to use different methods for OH and TH, although at least it's not like Roux and CFOP where it's totally different

What?
I like Petrus since the fundamentals are mostly the same and they are much closer together than most other 3x3 methods. It's not too hard for a Petrus user to switch to CFOP and vice versa since the concepts are quite similar.

literally everyone else that is in the "Fast Category" in my state won't stop telling me to learn OLL. I know its good for me and stuff but 3x3 is not my favorite or best event and I'm not looking to improve all that much quite yet until I am able to secure my spot in the square-1 hierarchy

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I like Petrus since the fundamentals are mostly the same and they are much closer together than most other 3x3 methods. It's not too hard for a Petrus user to switch to CFOP and vice versa since the concepts are quite similar.

Not trying to discourage you, but even the steps are similar, the way you do them is way different. 222+223 are done with blockbuilding instead of pairs , same with L2P.

literally everyone else that is in the "Fast Category" in my state won't stop telling me to learn OLL. I know its good for me and stuff but 3x3 is not my favorite or best event and I'm not looking to improve all that much quite yet until I am able to secure my spot in the square-1 hierarchy

What does this have to do with using Petrus for OH lol

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
For TH you still do(I mean, you don't have to, but to get fast it's highly recommended)
Eh, ill do that once I'm done with CSP and L2E
Not trying to discourage you, but even the steps are similar, the way you do them is way different. 222+223 are done with blockbuilding instead of pairs , same with L2P.
I use Bálint for megaminx so I'm quite comfortable with block building

Athefre

Time Travel Solving

CFOP:

Normal

Scramble: B U2 B2 R' U2 L' U2 L2 R' U2 D' F2 U' B2 F L' B L'
X-Cross: z’ y’ D U B D’ L D’ L’ R’ U’ F2
Pair 1: U R’ F U2 F’
Pair 2: U R U2 R’ U R U2 R U R’
Pair 3: y U R U R’
OLL: U’ F (R U R' U') F' f (R U R' U') f'
PLL: U2 R' U' R U' L R U2 R' U' R U2 L' U R2 U R U

TTS (POCF)

PLL: z’ y’ R' U2 D2 B2 R D' R' U B2 D' B2 R2 D' R U
OLL: U D F' D' R D' F R' D B' D F B U' D' R
X-Cross: D U B D’ L D’ L’ R’ U’ F2

LL Skip!

Roux:

Normal:

Left 1x2x3: B L’ B’ R’ U2 M2 F
Right 1x2x3: U’ R U’ R U r U r’ U r’ U’ M’ U2 r’ U’ r
CMLL: R’ U’ R’ F R F’ R U’ R’ U2 R
LSE: M’ U2 M’ U2 M U M’ U M U2 M U M’ U2 M’

TTS:

4c+4b (EPLR): E2 M’ E2 M U D M B' M' B2 M' B' M U' D'
4a: R2 U M’ U M’ U M’ U M’ U2 M’ U M’ U M’ U M’ U’ R2
Corners: F' U F U' R2 U2 F' D' F U2 D R2 F
Right 1x2x2: U’ R U’ R U r U r’ U r’ U’ M’ U2 r’ U’ r

CMLL+LSE Skip!

This is like traveling to the future, seeing the problems that will occur, then coming back and preventing those problems in the present. An alternate way of doing this is of course to do a setup to place the pieces in the same positions as they would be in a normal solve, perform the normal alg, then undo the setup. I don't yet see any useful applications for this concept. Just something interesting to think about. Maybe the opposite version of this, traveling to the past, would be altering the solved cube in such a way that the scramble will result back in the solved state. Or altering the scramble itself if that would be allowable.

RedstoneTim

YouTube
Visit Channel
Time Travel Solving

CFOP:

Normal

X-Cross: z’ y’ D U B D’ L D’ L’ R’ U’ F2
OLL: U’ F (R U R' U') F' f (R U R' U') f'
PLL: U2 R' U' R U' L R U2 R' U' R U2 L' U R2 U R U

TTS (POCF)

PLL: z’ y’ R' U2 D2 B2 R D' R' U B2 D' B2 R2 D' R U
OLL: U D F' D' R D' F R' D B' D F B U' D' R
X-Cross: D U B D’ L D’ L’ R’ U’ F2

LL Skip!

Roux:

Normal:

Right 1x2x3: U’ R U’ R U r U r’ U r’ U’ M’ U2 r’ U’ r
CMLL: R’ U’ R’ F R F’ R U’ R’ U2 R
LSE: M’ U2 M’ U2 M U M’ U M U2 M U M’ U2 M’

TTS:

4c+4b (EPLR): E2 M’ E2 M U D M B' M' B2 M' B' M U' D'
4a: R2 U M’ U M’ U M’ U M’ U2 M’ U M’ U M’ U M’ U’ R2
Corners: F' U F U' R2 U2 F' D' F U2 D R2 F
Right 1x2x2: U’ R U’ R U r U r’ U r’ U’ M’ U2 r’ U’ r

CMLL+LSE Skip!

This is like traveling to the future, seeing the problems that will occur, then coming back and preventing those problems in the present. An alternate way of doing this is of course to do a setup to place the pieces in the same positions as they would be in a normal solve, perform the normal alg, then undo the setup. I don't yet see any useful applications for this concept. Just something interesting to think about. Maybe the opposite version of this, traveling to the past, would be altering the solved cube in such a way that the scramble will result back in the solved state. Or altering the scramble itself if that would be allowable.

Travelling to the future seems similar to insertions: you solve up to a certain point and then try to solve the remaining pieces somewhere else in your current solution/skeleton.
I wonder if it's possible to apply it to something other than FMC and blindfolded solving. Maybe events where you can sometimes predict the whole solve like 2x2 and Pyraminx?