• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Teoidus

I guess he might want to develop a way to recog which swap is needed without having to push right block corners to a specific location?

Either way, I'm not convinced ZZ-d is the way to go. RUD algs can be very fast (basically just 2gen with pretty ergonomic D push/pulls inbetween) and forcing left block -> right block kills efficiency and lucky cases pretty hard.

gyroninja

I guess he might want to develop a way to recog which swap is needed without having to push right block corners to a specific location?

Either way, I'm not convinced ZZ-d is the way to go. RUD algs can be very fast (basically just 2gen with pretty ergonomic D push/pulls inbetween) and forcing left block -> right block kills efficiency and lucky cases pretty hard.
I heard somewhere that porky v2 was like usually only one or two moves from optimal cp so I think it would be the best option. Else you would be making it hard on you.

Teoidus

Yeah, it would be 2 max with the setup moves.

Have people looked into a sort of free EO-blockbuilding variant of ZZ?

gyroninja

Yeah, it would be 2 max with the setup moves.

Have people looked into a sort of free EO-blockbuilding variant of ZZ?
It's kind of hard to block build (not like zz's f2l) and preserve eo at the same time.

It's like the equivalent of a xcross which you would see in cfop though when people do use it.

AlphaSheep

WCA
2014GRAY03
Is there a difference?

zz-d: Solve cp during left block
porky v2: Solve cp during left block

Looks the same to me.
Not quite. ZZ-d was a proposal to solve CP during the first block. This was thought to be impractical to recognise in a speedsolve. The search for the so called "missing link" was a way of recognising CP that is practical for use in speedsolves. You said we should search for this missing link.

Porky v2 is a system for recognising and solving CP for ZZ-d that is practical for use in a speedsolve. Therefore Porky v2 fills the gap and there is no more missing link.

gyroninja

Not quite. ZZ-d was a proposal to solve CP during the first block. This was thought to be impractical to recognise in a speedsolve. The search for the so called "missing link" was a way of recognising CP that is practical for use in speedsolves. You said we should search for this missing link.

Porky v2 is a system for recognising and solving CP for ZZ-d that is practical for use in a speedsolve. Therefore Porky v2 fills the gap and there is no more missing link.
Check the username.

SaCuber22

I have created a new 2x2 method and my friend has created a new 3x3 method. How do I confirm that it is indeed a new method and how do I patent it or something?

D

Daniel Lin

what are the methods?
check the speedsolving wiki to see if they're new
I don't think you can patent them lol

Teoidus

lol, what are the steps? No one's going to pass it off as their own if it hasn't been invented before.

goodatthis

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Try the new method/substep thread and also the speedsolving wiki. I'd say 99% of the time it's either a slight alteration of a previously established method or it's a previously established method, I thought I "invented" the belt method and PCMS (like a lot of people) until I realized it's already been created.

Anyway, what's the general outline of the method? I can tell you if it's been created before.

SaCuber22

Solve the first layer on a 2x2 and the fit the corners in using algs from 3x3 beginners method.

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel