• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
I guess he might want to develop a way to recog which swap is needed without having to push right block corners to a specific location?

Either way, I'm not convinced ZZ-d is the way to go. RUD algs can be very fast (basically just 2gen with pretty ergonomic D push/pulls inbetween) and forcing left block -> right block kills efficiency and lucky cases pretty hard.

WCA
2015BOLA02
I guess he might want to develop a way to recog which swap is needed without having to push right block corners to a specific location?

Either way, I'm not convinced ZZ-d is the way to go. RUD algs can be very fast (basically just 2gen with pretty ergonomic D push/pulls inbetween) and forcing left block -> right block kills efficiency and lucky cases pretty hard.
I heard somewhere that porky v2 was like usually only one or two moves from optimal cp so I think it would be the best option. Else you would be making it hard on you.

WCA
2015BOLA02
Yeah, it would be 2 max with the setup moves.

Have people looked into a sort of free EO-blockbuilding variant of ZZ?
It's kind of hard to block build (not like zz's f2l) and preserve eo at the same time.

It's like the equivalent of a xcross which you would see in cfop though when people do use it.

WCA
2014GRAY03
Is there a difference?

zz-d: Solve cp during left block
porky v2: Solve cp during left block

Looks the same to me.
Not quite. ZZ-d was a proposal to solve CP during the first block. This was thought to be impractical to recognise in a speedsolve. The search for the so called "missing link" was a way of recognising CP that is practical for use in speedsolves. You said we should search for this missing link.

Porky v2 is a system for recognising and solving CP for ZZ-d that is practical for use in a speedsolve. Therefore Porky v2 fills the gap and there is no more missing link.

WCA
2015BOLA02
Not quite. ZZ-d was a proposal to solve CP during the first block. This was thought to be impractical to recognise in a speedsolve. The search for the so called "missing link" was a way of recognising CP that is practical for use in speedsolves. You said we should search for this missing link.

Porky v2 is a system for recognising and solving CP for ZZ-d that is practical for use in a speedsolve. Therefore Porky v2 fills the gap and there is no more missing link.
Check the username.

I have created a new 2x2 method and my friend has created a new 3x3 method. How do I confirm that it is indeed a new method and how do I patent it or something?

WCA
2014CAVA01
YouTube
Goodatthis123
Try the new method/substep thread and also the speedsolving wiki. I'd say 99% of the time it's either a slight alteration of a previously established method or it's a previously established method, I thought I "invented" the belt method and PCMS (like a lot of people) until I realized it's already been created.

Anyway, what's the general outline of the method? I can tell you if it's been created before.

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
channel/UCXxvOAAJVVoR7UfjeAv_bjA