• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Nir1213

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FveF-we6lcE
What should you learn after Oll and Pll
improve on your f2l cause its important, if you still use intuitive f2l you should go learn advanced f2l after oll and pll, maybe improve on your cross if you think it isn't efficient enough
learn some vhls or Zbll if your advanced enough, like sub 8 and want to improve your LL by a bit

but if you meant what to learn after 2 look oll and pll, which is 4LLL then if you havent already learn intuitive f2l and improve to around 20 seconds.

qwr

how tf do you do hedge
supposedly it's F with right index, R', F' with left index, R, but the S layer always ends up turning a little. Putting my left pinky on bottom S layer or left index on top S layer is awkward.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
YouTube
Visit Channel
how tf do you do hedge
supposedly it's F with right index, R', F' with left index, R, but the S layer always ends up turning a little. Putting my left pinky on bottom S layer or left index on top S layer is awkward.
I use my right index for the F, R’, then do a pull with my right index for the F’, then R, but I’m not sure this would solve your problem.

qwr

I use my right index for the F, R’, then do a pull with my right index for the F’, then R, but I’m not sure this would solve your problem.
by far the most reliable method for me is to adjust my grip so left thumb is on bottom center. However that is a big regrip. So far I can do the left index on top a little better than left pinky but it's still very awkward.

qwr

please someone make or link a video on how to do hedge im dying

I'm confused.
Should I use R' U R U' R' F' U F R U R' F R' F' R U' R or r' D' F r U' r' F' D r2 U r' U' r' F r F' ?
Both clocked at 1.7x and I do regripless execs for both. Which one should I use ?

I learnt the first alg a week ago, the second alg today. I used to use (R' U L' U2 R U' L)2 lol.
Both of them are definitely faster

Last edited:
how tf do you do hedge
Right thumb F, R', Right index push F', R. I know this is late.
Tip: Put your left pinky finger under the S slice for hedge, or any RUF alg. It isn't that awkward. The S slices never move after that.

Last edited:

Scollier

I have two questions:

1. Should I do algs righty or lefty?
2. What is the best V Perm to use? I am dying trying to find a good one. I think the best one would probably be either R' U R' d' R' F' R2 U' R' U R' F R F or x' R' F R F' U R U2 R' U' R U' R' U2 R U R' U' but I still don't know. What do you all use?

Thanks.

Skewb_Cube

2. What is the best V Perm to use? I am dying trying to find a good one. I think the best one would probably be either R' U R' d' R' F' R2 U' R' U R' F R F or x' R' F R F' U R U2 R' U' R U' R' U2 R U R' U' but I still don't know. What do you all use?
In my opinion this is a good V perm: R U' R U R' D R D' R U' D R2 U R2 D' R2

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
I have two questions:

1. Should I do algs righty or lefty?
2. What is the best V Perm to use?
1. Having the ability to do both is great. I originally learned a few PLLs lefty for the purpose of hand development. I find it useful to be competent in left and righty loves for the ease of mirroring algs. Even if a given alg isn’t faster at first compared to your dominant hand it’s useful to practice because you’ll be building strength and dexterity for F2L & at the elite level having the ability to execute algs from different angles is beneficial.

qwr

How do execute M U Ub perm? M2 U' M U2 M' U' M2

I use left hand for M slices. I can either try to learn right hand M slices, do right hand U' flick, or right hand U' push. All of which are pretty uncomfortable rn. The index finger flick is particularly hard for me on older cubes and bigger cubes, but easier on newer cubes and smaller cubes. For example it's pretty natural on my little magic M but very straining on my larger and less forgiving zhanchi.

Last edited: