• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Arti

Opinions on 500wt silicon shock oil? I have found that one drop in a Zhanchi works well, but the same makes my Guhong really gummy...

WhatIsRubiks

It depends on what cubes you are going to be using it on, but 30k and 50k are both great. If you would like more of a 'gummy' feel then 50k would be a good choice, but if you prefer slightly more faster cubes then go for the 30k. IMO both of them work very well, and as I said it just depends on your personal preferences. 10k is generally used for big cubes such as 7x7's.

I want to lube my cyclone boys 3x3, 2x2, Zhanchi 3x3 and weilong 3x3. I don't really know what kind of feel I would be looking for. I like a fast, smooth cube, but not something too fast and uncontrollable because I am still really slow (50 second average). I am thinking of just buying both 30k and 50k and then just testing myself. I heard that a good thing to do is use the 50k for the core and the 30k for the outer pieces .

QuinnHyatt

CRC Silicone - Help!

Hi,

So I lubricated my cube with CRC Silicone a week or two (maybe longer) ago. I noticed that there was a lot of black specs inside the cube, so I took it all apart, wiped every piece off, and re-sprayed it (re-sprayed a few days ago).

I just picked the cube, and it was really loose. Like, edges and corners were both able to rattle around in place. I took a couple pieces out; on torpedoes and the area near the torpedoes on the edges pieces there is some white showing, and on the tip of the corners there is white showing.

This cube is a Dayan Zhanchi.

Is this dried Silicone, or am I just blatantly ****ed?

Thanks for your time and help...

--Quinn Hyatt

QuinnHyatt

I found the problem, one of the center pieces broke off from it's little base part, so it was loose.

I'm still scared that the white parts that are showing are because of the cube being eaten so much, though.

Lchu613

WCA
2014CHUL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I want to lube my cyclone boys 3x3, 2x2, Zhanchi 3x3 and weilong 3x3. I don't really know what kind of feel I would be looking for. I like a fast, smooth cube, but not something too fast and uncontrollable because I am still really slow (50 second average). I am thinking of just buying both 30k and 50k and then just testing myself. I heard that a good thing to do is use the 50k for the core and the 30k for the outer pieces .

50k would be fine, it's more or less standard, close to Lubix.

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
Wt 4 or Wt 5 for core?

Wt 3 or Wt 2 for pieces?

Something else, is it necessary to lube the screws/springs/washers of the center pieces that don't move on a 2x2?

Last edited:

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
guysensei1 said:
Wt 4 or Wt 5 for core?
Doesn't really matter, I would choose 5 because it's thicker and lasts slightly longer than weight 4

guysensei1 said:
Wt 3 or Wt 2 for pieces?
Also doesn't really matter, I would choose weight 3 just because it lasts longer than weight 2

My preference is thicker lube so I don't have to relube as often and I like slightly gummier cubes.

guysensei1 said:
Something else, is it necessary to lube the screws/springs/washers of the center pieces that don't move on a 2x2?
No

pipkiksass

YouTube
Visit Channel
Should I use Lubix, Lubicle or Diff oil 50K. I was thinking about diff oil but wanted you opinion.
And should I buy this product ??
It is lube oil.. http://lightake.com/p/20ml-Bottle-Lube-Oil-for-Puzzle-Magic-Cube-2x2-3x3-4x4-5x5-and-up_m1182.html and Kevin Hays uses this. Say this in todays Live between Hays and Faz

Lubix, lubicle and diff oil are the same thing in decreasing price order. I think WindHero has previously suggested that Lubix is about 34k, but don't quote me on that!

Soren333

So, should I get the diff oil or that Lightake oil ?

I'm sure that lighttake lube is good, but I don't think that I've heard anyone use it before. So I would suggest diff oil, you can't go wrong with that. But I mean, if money isn't a problem, get both and try them out yourself.

Imago

I found this product in the department store for 3$ the whole big bottle.
I read the ingredients, it says it contains silicone fluid, essessence and some other stuff that i dont know.
afaik it is thicker much thicker than vitress..

what caught me is the "silicone fluid" included in the ingredients, i did try to tilt the bottle it is more like a 10k or 30k traxxas.. but for hair

PS: There is no water mentioned in the ingredients nor oil stuff

ashleyhairserum_01.jpg

amma buy this stuff for lube its 1 big bottle

DoctorPepper

I have no idea how to lube.

How do I lube my Zhanchi and LingPo?

Also, if. I cant find diff oil, will CRC be okay? I have white cubes

yoinneroid

WCA
2010UTOM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I found this product in the department store for 3$ the whole big bottle.
I read the ingredients, it says it contains silicone fluid, essessence and some other stuff that i dont know.
afaik it is thicker much thicker than vitress..

what caught me is the "silicone fluid" included in the ingredients, i did try to tilt the bottle it is more like a 10k or 30k traxxas.. but for hair

PS: There is no water mentioned in the ingredients nor oil stuff

amma buy this stuff for lube its 1 big bottle

lol, it's funny cos many thai used a certain shampoo to lube their cubes and many indonesians used a certain hair vitamin to lube their cubes, somehow the hair-intended products in southeast asian countries are really created to enhance the cube performance XD

guysensei1

WCA
2014WENW01
lol, it's funny cos many thai used a certain shampoo to lube their cubes and many indonesians used a certain hair vitamin to lube their cubes, somehow the hair-intended products in southeast asian countries are really created to enhance the cube performance XD

Oh my gosh it's you! I saw you do your amazing solves in competition this year.

Back on topic, I think that you really shouldn't use hair products... Just get diff oil.