• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

windhero

WCA
2013COCO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
A good rule of thumb is to forget everything that is in a spray can. It is highly likely that there exists a better product for lubing cubes for a cheaper price no matter where you live. Don't fear buying from ebay; some actual shops that have physical locations as well use it as their webstore. I've tried all of the most common lubing products and I can say that shock/differential oil (depending on what cube you're using) works best compared to anything at an equal or cheaper price per cube lubed.

Lubix's estimate of 1cc = 6 cubes is a bit generous but not far off from the truth at all. A 50cc bottle of 50k diff oil will literally last for months or years even if you use the same bottle for multiple cubes. I've got 50ccs of 50k and 50ccs of 30k and I've used them multiple times on around 8 3x3s, 4 4x4s, 2 5x5s and 2 7x7s and I've still got much over half a bottle of both left.

Last edited:

solvelecewbe

Who told you to do that?

They are stupid.

But try to put it in the dishwasher. Unscrew the center pieces all the way and put them in too. Just don't put the core or the hardware in there.

Last edited by a moderator:

solvelecewbe

Unscrew the center pieces and put those in. DO NOT WASH THE CORE OR SCREWS OR WASHERS. Make sure to dry all the pieces completely. Lube the core and pieces with traxxas 50k or 30k, or Lubicle, Lubix etc. Wash everything except the washers, screws, and core. ONCE THE DISHWASHER IS DONE, IMMEDIATELY RINSE THE PIECES IN VERY COLD WATER. IF YOU DON'T DO THIS THE PLASTIC COULD BE RUINED. This method works well too, just make sure to clean the center pieces, because of your situation.

Last edited by a moderator:

ianliu64

Who the hell told you to do that?
Anyway, for future reference, use silicone based lubricant such as CRC Heavy Duty Sillicone, Maru Lube, Traxxas, or Lubix.

what lube shall i buy for dayan zhanchi?

So my 4th dayan zhanchi stickerless is arriving from its shipping in 9 days or so ,and i want to buy a lube to lubrificate it.It's my first time lubing one though.

I went to my local stores (canadian tire & walmart) and i saw 2 lubes : silicone and jig-a-loo.

Which one shall I buy ? thank you :)

ianliu64

If you want a really high-end lube, get Lubix.
Other good lubes are Lubicle, Maru, Traxxas, and Izo Lube.

Or you could just get CRC Silicone. :p

MYKE

YouTube
Visit Channel
Relubing?

How often do you relube you cube?

I am using Tablaeu dry lube and does not seem to last very long.. Having to relube every 2 days or something..