• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

teh yoshi

Is it OK if I disassemble my cubes and wash them with water and dish soap to completely remove all lube from them?
Not only what @UnknownCuber said, but sometimes I'd take apart all the pieces and leave them soaking (except the core) in dish soap and warm water overnight. And these are with my stickered cubes. Although I only do this if I don't have the time to clean everything right away.

For the most part, if you've got a microfiber cloth, just wiping all the pieces clean should be pretty good enough.

Conor Chin

Core Lubing of a YG MGC
I would describe myself as an intermediate cuber but the core of the YG MGC looks pretty different from any other cube that I've lubed? Does anyone have any idea how to lube it? Any help is appreciated.

Conor Chin

Not only what @UnknownCuber said, but sometimes I'd take apart all the pieces and leave them soaking (except the core) in dish soap and warm water overnight. And these are with my stickered cubes. Although I only do this if I don't have the time to clean everything right away.

For the most part, if you've got a microfiber cloth, just wiping all the pieces clean should be pretty good enough.
Can I not wash the core?

Duncan Bannon

That I'm not sure. Teh Yoshi was talking about soaking it overnight. That I believe would trust it. I wouldn't try it :) Just wipe down with rag (microfiber if possible).

Shridhar

Hey, I bought a valk 3 2 months ago . It works fine but has developed a whitish powder in between pieces . I was wondering how to clean it? I can't afford a lube , so cleaning and then using it without lube will damage the cube or not ?
PS:- recently it has started lagging and it just is not as smooth as it was

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't think using a cube without lube can damage it. That sort of residue is very normal once you use cubes for a long time (with or without lube). If you clean it out with a paper towel, it should be good as new (although it might have a dry feel due to a lack of lube).

Shridhar

I don't think using a cube without lube can damage it. That sort of residue is very normal once you use cubes for a long time (with or without lube). If you clean it out with a paper towel, it should be good as new (although it might have a dry feel due to a lack of lube).
Where can I find a good video on how to reassemble my valk 3 ? I seem to have problem breaking it in

AMCuber

How can I make an overlubed Gan SM lose the lubricant? I accidentally lubed it with DNM 37 and its been way to fast and slimy

matthewc1202

Hey i just put Lubicle Black into my core of the cube why is it that my mf3rsm pieces are stained i have a stickerless one
And I need help finding a good lube combo for the mf3rsm
Right now i have Lubicle black on the core , angstrom Dignitas and gravitas on pieces, Dnm 37 and compound x . This comobo seems to be okay but i dont understand my the cube is so slow