• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
U

Underwatercuber

Or use lubicle 1 it's pretty much the same as traxxas but with the speed of DNM

RidleytheRed

Most of the videos I've found to disassemble a 2x2 are either using a non-rubik's brand or using a V2. Mine has become sticky and hard to turn and I'd like to lube it, but I can't figure out how to get it apart to use silicone spray, or any other means, to lube it. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

U

Underwatercuber

Most of the videos I've found to disassemble a 2x2 are either using a non-rubik's brand or using a V2. Mine has become sticky and hard to turn and I'd like to lube it, but I can't figure out how to get it apart to use silicone spray, or any other means, to lube it. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.
Just throw it away and buy any other 2x2

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Like others have said, any other 2x2 is better and probably cheaper, but if you're desperate, you can just pull the pieces apart (without taking them out) and apply the appropriate amount of lube on the inside.

SpartaxGaming

I cant seem to find crc silicone lube on my local hardware store..any alternatives?im using a chinese speed cube but it became hard to turn after a few months

ReachLV

Hello, i would like to ask what lube i should get for my gans 356 air that is not so expensive, recently i bought Mo Fang GE M-lube, it performed great in my cyclone boys feiwu, but it did almoust no changes to my gans, someone know reason why? I tryed just dropping it in, tryed cleaning it, it just made it a little bit quieter but not smoother.

a3533

YouTube
Visit Channel
I want to lube my cube but I know my mother won't get me a lubricant or silicon spray.:confused: So I just want to know if this diy lube is safe for my cube
Anyone tried this? If so please tell me if this is good for cube.

ps: Sorry for my bad English :(I am not a native speaker and hope you all understand.

Caesar Salas

This is just a quick and easy thread to show what lubes we use for the core and pieces. You can reply what lubes you use, and what you recommend to each turning style.

Lube I use
Core - Traxxas 50k or Wt. 5
Pieces - Wt. 3, Lubicle Silk, and DNM-37 to refresh the pieces

The Blockhead

WCA
2017ANDE05
I lube the pieces with DNM-37 and Cubicle Silicone Wt. 1 for 2x2 and 3x3, just Wt. 1 for 4x4+, and DNM-37 for everything else. This makes the pieces very fast, smooth, and stable feeling for smaller puzzles and more controlable for bigger cubes. I never lube the core because I feel it makes the cube too slow and sluggish for my turning. This combination of lube is my personal favorite and I recommend it to people with fast, aggressive turning style.

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
Core: Lubicle Standard or Speedy, sometimes a heavier silicone.
Pieces: Lubicle Silk, One, and DNM-37. I used to use Speedy, but grew a rather extreme preference for a slick feeling, so even Speedy was a bit too heavy. Using all three does sound like a bit of a "just throw everything in" approach, but each one really does do something noticeably different that piles up into something that I quite like.