• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Abare Killer

Recently, I've been thinking the 50k is too slow for my liking and want the cube a little bit fast, should I get 30k or 10k. People have been saying 50k makes the cube fast but sadly, it makes it slower. Also does 30k even make the cube fast or just smoother?

U

Underwatercuber

Or use lubicle 1 it's pretty much the same as traxxas but with the speed of DNM

RidleytheRed

Most of the videos I've found to disassemble a 2x2 are either using a non-rubik's brand or using a V2. Mine has become sticky and hard to turn and I'd like to lube it, but I can't figure out how to get it apart to use silicone spray, or any other means, to lube it. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

U

Underwatercuber

Most of the videos I've found to disassemble a 2x2 are either using a non-rubik's brand or using a V2. Mine has become sticky and hard to turn and I'd like to lube it, but I can't figure out how to get it apart to use silicone spray, or any other means, to lube it. I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.
Just throw it away and buy any other 2x2

DGCubes

WCA
2013GOOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Like others have said, any other 2x2 is better and probably cheaper, but if you're desperate, you can just pull the pieces apart (without taking them out) and apply the appropriate amount of lube on the inside.

SpartaxGaming

I cant seem to find crc silicone lube on my local hardware store..any alternatives?im using a chinese speed cube but it became hard to turn after a few months

ReachLV

Hello, i would like to ask what lube i should get for my gans 356 air that is not so expensive, recently i bought Mo Fang GE M-lube, it performed great in my cyclone boys feiwu, but it did almoust no changes to my gans, someone know reason why? I tryed just dropping it in, tryed cleaning it, it just made it a little bit quieter but not smoother.

a3533

YouTube
Visit Channel
I want to lube my cube but I know my mother won't get me a lubricant or silicon spray.:confused: So I just want to know if this diy lube is safe for my cube
Anyone tried this? If so please tell me if this is good for cube.

ps: Sorry for my bad English :(I am not a native speaker and hope you all understand.

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
I want to lube my cube but I know my mother won't get me a lubricant or silicone spray.:confused: So I just want to know if this DIY lube is safe for my cube.
Anyone tried this? If so please tell me if this is good for cube.

PS: Sorry for my bad English :(I am not a native speaker and hope you all understand.
Safe? Yeah, sure, it isn't caustic or anything, but I wouldn't put it in my cubes.
That lubricant is mostly just cooking oil, which is a fat. The shampoo is basically just being used as a surfactant to make the water runnier and spread more thoroughly. The mouthwash is being used to color it, I guess? He said it had no effect, which is false, but that leaves only the one option...
The shampoo and mouthwash will leave behind fragrances, flavorants, oils, etc. that will build up as gunk over time, while the cooking oil will likely break down and congeal. It's not really gonna ruin your cube, and it may actually work pretty well for a while, but it'll make your cube a sticky and gross mess that you'll have to clean up regularly.
Though I'm curious if @4Chan thinks any different. I've wondered about this sort of stuff for a while.