• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Eduard Khil

Hi I got 10,000 weight Ofna Differential oil. Is it good?

I got 10K as the local hobby store doesnt have higher weights.
Ive tried it out on the guanlong (before using it on the better cubes), when i had applied some on the pieces it feels slower than before though i did a few solves to break it in

Emrapp8r

WCA
2015MICH01
AOSU ,,lubrication"

Hi! i just wanted to ask if i should spray my aosu 4x4 with silicone spray. Will it make the cube turn more smoothly or will it have lockups?

Peter

Mes

Hi! i just wanted to ask if i should spray my aosu 4x4 with silicone spray. Will it make the cube turn more smoothly or will it have lockups?

Peter

Probably will turn smoother but will dirty the inside of your cube.

Mes

I have wt. 2 lube from the cubicle, and a Hualond 3x3. I use it daily, for Ao12's and also at school. How often should I lube it? I've been doing it every couple days...:confused:

rock1t

Im buying a new haulong frome the cubicle. should i lube this cube and if so what lube should i get from the cubicle?

Cubicle Silicone Lube Weight 4 for the core
Cubicle Silicone Lube Weight 2 OR 4 for the piece:
If you want it really fast get weight 2, else take weight 4 either of them work fine.

CubeDatCube

WCA
2016MARS01
Hi guys,

I just joined a few days ago and wanted to know if WD-40 Silicone will harm my Moyu Aolong?
I didn't want to put some in the Aolong because I didn't know what the results were going to be.

mafergut

WCA
2018GUTI13
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have wt. 2 lube from the cubicle, and a Hualond 3x3. I use it daily, for Ao12's and also at school. How often should I lube it? I've been doing it every couple days...:confused:

You don't need a whole lot of silicone oil lube, in fact, in this case, less is more, I mean, if you put very little lube (wt 2 in this case) the cube will be fast but if you put too much it will start to feel gummy and slower. It would be nice also to lube the core with wt 4 or 5 but, regarding your question, if properly lubed, silicone oil lasts for months so if you keep lubing it every two days you will end up with an overlubed cube that will be slower. It also depends on what you prefer, of course, the Hualong is a very fast cube so, if properly lubed with wt. 2 it might be a tad too fast for anybody except sub-10 territory but, instead of lubing it more and more, you can use a stickier lube, like wt 3 or even 4. It also depends on the cube and the amount of friction surface. e.g. I have a Huanying, which has almost hollow corners, and it has so little friction surface that even with wt 3 it feels very fast.

AbsoluteNinja

No , never use any organic , bio-degradable vegetable oil on the cube. It dissolves the plastic slowly, and starts forming gummy lumps inside within just two days. i learnt that by experience.Use any of the following.

Silicone lubrication for Treadmills(found at any sports equipment store)
DOT 5 BRAKE FLUID (As it is silicone based)..only DOT 5 Version
Differential oil