• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

hyn

SS Competition Results
That's what I'm asking YOU. You said to use ZZ OLS but that requires the F2L edge to be oriented. You need double the algs to orient LL corners with CFOP F2L-1 as there are more LS cases due to not having EO
I agree with the f2l edge stuff, but there'll still be less cases since u don't need to care about whether the last layer edges end up oriented or not, so it would probably be less by a factor of 8(since there are 8 ols cases for each different corner case)

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree with the f2l edge stuff, but there'll still be less cases since u don't need to care about whether the last layer edges end up oriented or not, so it would probably be less by a factor of 8(since there are 8 ols cases for each different corner case)
uhhhhhhh, you have no idea what you are talking about. For any given COLS case (excluding cases where the edge and corner are in the slot), there are 27 cases for EACH LS case. There are 42 LS cases for CFOP. You will ALWAYS have more cases to orient corners due to not always having the F2L edge solved. LL EO has NOTHING to do with CO

hyn

SS Competition Results
uhhhhhhh, you have no idea what you are talking about. For any given COLS case (excluding cases where the edge and corner are in the slot), there are 27 cases for EACH LS case. There are 42 LS cases for CFOP. You will ALWAYS have more cases to orient corners due to not always having the F2L edge solved. LL EO has NOTHING to do with CO
Oh ok, I must have incorrectly assumed that u didn't account for that and used the raw ols figure or smthing
I meant OLS / 8, which still seems to be wrong?

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
Oh ok, I must have incorrectly assumed that u didn't account for that and used the raw ols figure or smthing
I meant OLS / 8, which still seems to be wrong?
These are the possible COs
Oriented - 1

H - 2 angles

PTULSA -4 angles each

1 + 2 + 6*4 = 27 cases for CO an inverse of an F2L case can be applied to.

EO of LL edges has nothing to do with an algset that only cares about last slot and LL CO.
ZZ has 20 LS cases. CFOP has 42. Naturally you now have double the cases to solve CO+LS.
I have no clue why you are dividing OLS by 8

PapaSmurf

WCA
2016TUDO02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Over the past month or so, this thread has been mostly not new (second word in the title). The only really new thing (from what I can tell) was the cool EO+centres thing for Columns. People don't care about Platform because it's not good, people don't want 134 alg beginner methods, people don't want to do edges first. Think and do research before you just post on this thread, even if it's just for 5 minutes. Just because you had an idea doesn't make it good. There's a reason why people don't do something that took you 15 minutes to discover and that's probably because it's bad. Don't spam this thread with terrible ideas please, it's not a dump for your ideas.

I know that some people are new to this, and that's alright, ask away! You'll learn faster. If you're not new to this (Mr Platform Guy, I'm looking at you), try to learn somewhat from past ideas and criticism of the ideas - it will help everyone.

WCA
2022ESPI14
YouTube
Visit Channel
Working on something called "SFOP", I'm not sure if anyone had also thought of this but this is basically "Beginner Ortega" or something.

Here's how it works:

1. Learn either 2-look OLL and PLL or Full OLL and PLL, you don't have to learn them all just the ones without M slices but since most of us have already memorized these, then just use the ones without M slices

2. Make the First Layer, you should know how to do this since you need to learn the 2x2 Beginner's Method before this.

3. Orient and Permute the last layer with the OLL and PLL algs.

And it's solved.

I know its not fast but definitely something you should practice before Ortega.

Imagine 2x2 Roux.. in an alternate dimension..

Thom S.

Working on something called "SFOP", I'm not sure if anyone had also thought of this but this is basically "Beginner Ortega" or something.

Here's how it works:

1. Learn either 2-look OLL and PLL or Full OLL and PLL, you don't have to learn them all just the ones without M slices but since most of us have already memorized these, then just use the ones without M slices

2. Make the First Layer, you should know how to do this since you need to learn the 2x2 Beginner's Method before this.

3. Orient and Permute the last layer with the OLL and PLL algs.

And it's solved.

I know its not fast but definitely something you should practice before Ortega.

Imagine 2x2 Roux.. in an alternate dimension..
Isn't this literally LBL/Beginner Method for 2x2?
I mean, you do a Layer, OLL and PLL. That's what LBL does.

Roux 2x2. Theoretically, that is CLL/EG0.
If you are really inclined you could even do your Layer in 2 Steps to get that Roux Feeling

WCA
2022ESPI14
YouTube
Visit Channel
Isn't this literally LBL/Beginner Method for 2x2?
I mean, you do a Layer, OLL and PLL. That's what LBL does.

Roux 2x2. Theoretically, that is CLL/EG0.
If you are really inclined you could even do your Layer in 2 Steps to get that Roux Feeling
welp, im dumb, i basically just renamed lbl.. sorry for the bad idea.. and after i learn ortega i'll check out CLL

cuberonio

So, the first method it is a variant of zz d :
1 Eoline
2 Left block
3 CP+BR square
4 1llsll
The second method is :
1 2x2x3 block at the back
2 insert the FDR and FDL corners and the FD Edge
3 CMLL
4 Finish with One alg permuting the last 6 pieces

Other alternative is after you make the 2x2x3 you do Edge orientation and then you do step 2 , 3 and 4

Last edited:

OreKehStrah

YouTube
Visit Channel
So, the first method it is a variant of zz d :
1 Eoline
2 Left block
3 CP+BR square
4 1llsll
The second method is :
1 2x2x3 block at the back
2 insert the FDR and FDL corners and the FD Edge
3 CMLL
4 Finish with One alg permuting the last 6 pieces

Other alternative is after you make the 2x2x3 you do Edge orientation and then you do step 2 , 3 and 4
Neither of these ideas are new. This should have been posted in the new ideas thread as well. As for the ZZ-D thing, this has already been looked into and as it would turn out, the speed optimal solutions are often just do LS into 2GLL.

G DA CUBER

WCA
2022FARI07
I just came up with a new method!

1. the F2BOSPLL method:

1) make a bar at DL (first Bar).
2)make the bar at UR (second Bar).
3) Do R2 and Oll with both colors.
4) Separate (if there is a checkered pattern, put it on top and do U' R2 F2 R U R' F2 R F' R'.
5) PBL (usually PLL just from different angles).

Reply here for any questions.

The name is First 2 Bars (F2B), Oll+seperation (OS) and PLL.

Last edited:

G DA CUBER

WCA
2022FARI07
What is a bar? 1x2x3, 1x1x3?
Why would you not just do CFOP?
Why would you force yourself to do PLL twice?

I would presume that it would be slower than any of the big 4 (and other methods beside them).
This was originally in a thread called New 2x2 Method. They moved it here while I was offline.

sorry.

levi.m

hello this is a new method called the Marrs method and it's made by me😀
1.Solve a 1x2x3 on the back-left.
2.do a z rotation then you start solving the middle edges while solving the bottom layer corners.
3.orient the top layer corners.
4.solve the top layer corners using one algorithm.
5.L5E
6.(optional)adjust U and D faces.

you can do steps four and five simultaneously
if you want the best cases where the top corners are solved you can learn CMLL from roux

YouTube
Visit Channel
hello this is a new method called the Marrs method and it's made by me😀
1.Solve a 1x2x3 on the back-left.
2.do a z rotation then you start solving the middle edges while solving the bottom layer corners.
3.orient the top layer corners.
4.solve the top layer corners using one algorithm.
5.L5E
6.(optional)adjust U and D faces.
Pretty cool!