• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
I propose calling the "F2L" step for Petrus-W "L2P", for Last 2 Pairs. The reason is that the first 2 layers are never actually completed, since the DF edge remains mispermuted until the final step. Also, how many algs to do COLL+L5EP in one step? If it were similar to ZBLL, it'd remove the downside of having to always 2-look, even at advanced levels.

I propose calling the "F2L" step for Petrus-W "L2P", for Last 2 Pairs. The reason is that the first 2 layers are never actually completed, since the DF edge remains mispermuted until the final step. Also, how many algs to do COLL+L5EP in one step? If it were similar to ZBLL, it'd remove the downside of having to always 2-look, even at advanced levels.
It would be over 1000

brododragon

When PapaSmurf told you in your quest for sub-8 petrus that you should do your 223 in the back, I thought he meant to do something like this, by putting in the cross edge with F2. But when I critiqued you, you were a little confused, so I realised it wasn't the case. So, I decided to propose this here, without putting in the cross edge with F2.
You can get around F2 moves.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
What do you want? L5E with DF or DB unsolved?

DF is unsolved, but what I mean is that if DF is in the U layer, then it should be facing the front(for easier recognition). Think of it like when you're learning the Pi cases for ZBLL: you don't want some of the cases to have the headlights in the back, some in the front, some on the right, etc. You want them all AUFed the same.

So I got this suggestion on the ZMS server that said to solve the FL edge during EO, then the corner could be solved with Keyhole and would turn F2L into RU and a couple of D moves.