• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

brododragon

I guess something close to that would be ZZ-b phasing, but that doesn't always solve the edges.
How many cases would it be for a R U R insert? All i can think of is Ua, Ub, Single diagonal swap with UL and UF, single diagonal swap with UR and UF, and opposite swap (5 cases).

RedstoneTim

YouTube
Visit Channel
Is there a LS substep that permutes oriented edges?
It's called LPEPLL which has 6 cases (or 24 for full slot neutrality) and is a subset of LPELL.
While it is very useful for FMC and can basically be done intuitively, the step after it, L4C, is considered one of the worst ZBLL subsets and also requires twice as many algorithms as CxLL. (L4C in two looks is pretty good for a 3LLL like BLL though.)
Better alternatives are inserting the pair Heise-style either intuitively or using Speed-Heise to permute all edges and solve one U layer corner so that you're left with L3C, one of the best ZBLL subsets since most of its algorithms are ergonomic commutators.

brododragon

Is using the H-Perm for BLD a thing? You could do 2 swaps at once (with two setups) and could just switch buffers when you ran into a solved buffer. You can do the same thing for corners but just add on a U2 after the H-Perm.

Athefre

I decided to classify the various types of pairs that can be formed on the 2x2. This is mostly useful for the A2 Method to show everything that is possible with A2. Technically, CLL, EG, TCLL, and many other 2x2 methods are subsets of A2. This is because the first step in those methods is to solve four pieces. Looking at what is left after taking out the CLL, EG, and TCLL equivalents, that means there are still a few 2x2x2 methods that have yet to be developed. I'm already working on the twisted swapped subset, which is the equivalent of NMLL on 2x2. I might work on the others or make a combined method for those later. I named the pairs after thinking of the U and D layer as opposite dimensions. So there is the normal dimension, pairs from opposite dimensions, pairs that are linked dimensions, twisted dimensions, and so on.

Normal Dimension.png= CLL

Opposite Dimension 1-1.png->Opposite Dimension 1-2.png= R2 (NMCLL)
Opposite Dimension 2-1.png->Opposite Dimension 2-2.png->Opposite Dimension 2-3.png= U' R2
Opposite Dimension 3-1.png->Opposite Dimension 3-2.png->Opposite Dimension 3-3.png= U2 R2

Linked Dimension 1-1.png->Linked Dimension 1-2.png= R' (NMCLL)

Swapped Dimension.png= EG

Twisted Dimension 1.png= TCLL

Twisted Swapped Dimension 1.png= Two Twisted EG (cool sounding name lol)
Twisted Swapped Dimension 2 (SCLL).png= NMLL on 2x2 equivalent

And then there are mixtures of each type, such as twisted linked, twisted twisted, twisted swapped opposites, and so on.

Last edited:

zimlit

edges first idea

1. solve all edges
2. separate corners
3. orient corners
4. permute corners

step one is to solve all the edges this can be done a lot of ways but the way I normally do it is by solving eocros than 3 eslice edges then solve the rest
step two is to separate corners this can be don with an alg or with commutators.
step three is to orient corners this can be don with an alg or with commutators
step four is to permute everything

PizzaCuber

edges first idea

1. solve all edges
2. separate corners
3. orient corners
4. permute corners

step one is to solve all the edges this can be done a lot of ways but the way I normally do it is by solving eocros than 3 eslice edges then solve the rest
step two is to separate corners this can be don with an alg or with commutators.
step three is to orient corners this can be don with an alg or with commutators
step four is to permute everything
This won’t be very good, because comms Aren’t good in speedsolving, and it would probably be at least 100 algs, maybe more.

zimlit

This won’t be very good, because comms Aren’t good in speedsolving, and it would probably be at least 100 algs, maybe more.
true but cfop is almost a hundred algs and still gets used so i don't see the problem. I do however agree that commutators are bad for spedsolving they exist more for beginners.