• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

A2 Method

Athefre

Presenting an advanced method for 2x2x2. This method:
  • Uses fewer moves than CLL or EG
  • Requires zero new algorithms to learn if you already know CLL/EG or other alg sets
  • Provides multiple times the number of options during inspection versus other methods
  • Expandable
  • Greatly reduces the number of cases for large alg sets such as 1LLS
  • Two steps
This is accomplished by the nature of the method being the use of pseudo solving, in an easy to learn way. A guide is provided for accomplishing each step or the solver can complete the steps in alternate ways, especially once familiarity is gained.

Last edited:

brododragon

Presenting an advanced method for 2x2x2. This method:
  • Uses fewer moves than CLL or EG
  • Requires zero new algorithms to learn if you already know CLL/EG or other alg sets
  • Provides multiple times the number of options during inspection versus other methods
  • Expandable
  • Two steps
This is accomplished by the nature of the method being the use of pseudo solving, in an easy to learn way. A guide is provided for accomplishing each step or the solver can complete the steps in alternate ways, especially once familiarity is gained.
This looks promising.

Hazel

Premium Member
This actually looks pretty interesting! Theoretically, it could be faster than CLL without requiring additional algorithms. I don't know how well it transfers to full EG, but I'm sure it's possible. Only problems I see with it:
- Last 2 Pairs (A2's equivalent of Last Layer) recognition might be difficult
- The last step where you solve all of the pairs might not be as great as it seems—I'm really not sure, though. Example solves would help!

C

Cubinwitdapizza

How many algs are there? I assume just CLL and EG?

Athefre

This actually looks pretty interesting! Theoretically, it could be faster than CLL without requiring additional algorithms. I don't know how well it transfers to full EG, but I'm sure it's possible. Only problems I see with it:
- Last 2 Pairs (A2's equivalent of Last Layer) recognition might be difficult
- The last step where you solve all of the pairs might not be as great as it seems—I'm really not sure, though. Example solves would help!

The last step follows the same process as CLL/EG. You perform the alg that you already know then AUF. Then there is a final R adjustment of < .75 moves (.75 times the cancellation probability from the last turn of the alg that you used before). There are five example solves at the end of the guide. I'll be adding images to show that recognition for L2P is pretty much the same and that users don't have to change their recognition method.

Thanks to @shadowslice e for the suggestion to have images for this step.

How many algs are there? I assume just CLL and EG?

There are no algs to learn if someone already knows CLL and EG. TCLL, TEG, 1LLS, and other sets can also be used with A2 and will contain the same benefits mentioned in the first post. Those will also be the same algorithms.

Actually, A2 provides another significant benefit. For large alg sets like TEG and 1LLS, the number of cases/algs to learn can be greatly reduced without any penalty. This is thanks to tricks like performing an F/B/L or R turn on an oriented U corner, which wouldn't be an added move because you would see that during inspection and cancel the turn. Misoriented U corners can also be used in this way once the user is adept at pair building.

Last edited: