• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

caseyd

WCA
2011DECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I did a mod that made my ghost hand amazing, its already practically frictionless, and all I did was shave off some things, Ill make a youtube video soon, but I basically rounded the corners and cut off the pointy things on the core, and now its not only fast, but barely locks up

caseyd

WCA
2011DECH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
if the ghost hand one has sort of pointy corners and things, or pointy things on the core you can still do it, Ill show you how in the video, which will come soon, maybe tomorrow, but definitely by next monday

JLarsen

Premium Member
WCA
2009LARS03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I did a more exaggerated version of your 3x3 mod a long time ago on an old type A. The corner bases are almost complete spheres. I also rounded the center caps but looking at the Guhong now I see the only way that is effective is if every single edge, corner, and center where they rub are all rounded. I can rip corners completely out of it but it cuts really well. I've been using it for one hand a pretty long time now. Its nice but it's so gummy and slow because it's so old. Not to mention it's an old type A. Doesn't get creamier than that.

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
My GuHong was feeling 'gummy' after a lot of use. I thought that cleaning it out, lightly roughing up the internal surfaces with sandpaper, and re-lubing it would help refresh it, and it seems to have improved it a lot. I've tried just cleaning out and re-lubing before, and it didn't last long. I also switched the core out for a c4y at the same time, which also helped with the stability and feel of it.

dabest2500

I have a LingYun, and accidentally ordered another one, anything I can mod on one?
Also, what effect does taking the torpedoes out of a LunHui with the Ultimate mod (lubed and 48) have?
What effect will it have if I put it in a GuHong (with izovire's mod, ultimate lubed, c4y core, springs), apart from the obvious being impossible to pop?

Last edited: