• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

AlgoCuber

I'm in that position of picking a new alg to learn. This time it's V perm. I don't like the one with the rotation so I'm choosing between these two
R' U R' U' R D' R' D R' U D' R2 U' R2' D R2
R' U R U' R' f' U' R U2 R' U' R U' R' f R
I can't do either quickly right now but I guess the RUD one I will mess up more on?
Sorry if this is not one answer but here goes. I currently main this alg: R' U R U' R' f' U' R U2 R' U' R U' R' f R.
The RUD I use is R U' R U R' D R D' R U' D R2 U R2 D' R2, completely regripless and not awkward at all. It is severely underrated. I actually do the last U as a drag, but since there isn't that option I just put it as a push instead.

YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm in that position of picking a new alg to learn. This time it's V perm. I don't like the one with the rotation so I'm choosing between these two
I can't do either quickly right now but I guess the RUD one I will mess up more on?
Use the reverse of the RUD one: R2' D' R2 U R2' U' D R D' R D R' U R U' R

AlgoCuber

Well, the move count is the same, they both have one regrip, but the alg I suggested has easier fingertricks and it has a starting regrip which is better than a regrip in the middle of the alg.
Where does it require a regrip? The way I do it it doesn't require one not even a starting regrip.

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
Without a doubt, use the RUD alg (R' U R' U' R D' R' D R' U D' R2 U' R2' D R2). It is the fastest V perm besides the standard alg with a y rotation (and variants like starting with F' U F' U' instead of R' U R' U' y). It is also very consistent, with practice though. I can easily get sub 1 every single time, and i can get all the way down to sub 0.85 with RUD.

Reactions: qwr

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I am currently a little slower at the wide f alg just because of the wide f is a little awkward for me to do with my right index. Actually the RUD alg might even flow better.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
For this scramble L D' B D' L2 U2 R2 D L2 F2 U B2 L2 D2 B' L' B' D U' F'
I can't think of a good cross and cstimer said every cross is at least 6 moves
white cross solution is z2 R D' F L B D' which I never would've thought of because ruined the premade blue cross part and I don't like doing that

kubesolver

Premium Member
For this scramble L D' B D' L2 U2 R2 D L2 F2 U B2 L2 D2 B' L' B' D U' F'
I can't think of a good cross and cstimer said every cross is at least 6 moves
white cross solution is z2 R D' F L B D' which I never would've thought of because ruined the premade blue cross part and I don't like doing that
I find yellow F U2 L F' D L' D2 (or y' R U2 F R' D F' D2 when seen from another angle) to be ok'ish. In general there seem to be quite many easy yellow crosses.

Reactions: qwr
On a long train journey, Smashin' PBs one a stop
YouTube
Visit Channel
dayan guhong, gan 357, thunderclap v1, moyu weilong. That's what I think, i'm probably wrong tho
Also, the order of gancubes are mentioned on the wiki https://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/GAN
There was a Dayan older than the GuHong and the first Moyu cube was Aolong v1.
Pretty sure the first QiYi wasn't a thunderclap(also pretty sure it was the valk)

@qwr pls clarify about the DaYan thing(I'm pretty sure that the first DaYan wasn't a GuHong)